Social Media Editor - UK
Who What Wear UK is looking to hire a Social Media Editor to join its award-winning culture. If you’re an experienced social media expert with a love for all things fashion, beauty and pop culture, we want to hear from you!
As the Social Media Editor, you will be a master multitasker and innovative thinker who pushes the Who What Wear channels into new territory while continuing to look for ways to optimise growth and engagement. You will be an ambassador for the brand and an in house content creator, whether that’s appearing in a team shoot, an Instagram story video or attending industry events. You will be well-versed in social and ready to translate your insights into social posts and activations that capture our audience and drive referrals.
If you’re the ideal candidate, you’ll be able to produce an exceptional body of work demonstrating the ability to deliver a wide variety of social media ideas, a thorough understanding of specifics per platform, a strong sense of urgency with the ability to quickly turn a concept into a final product , and you have a collaborative spirit with a positive, can-do attitude. Ultimately, you have a solid understanding of the key different social media platforms and their nuances, best practices and latest developments.
This position is based in London and reports directly to the Editor-in-Chief.
Our Future of Work: Who What Wear employees are working from home for the remainder of 2021; therefore, all interview and onboarding activities are virtual. Beginning in 2022, we will transition to a hybrid in-person and virtual environment, where employees will have the choice to work from home or our central London location up to 5 days a week.
- Lead WWW UK team's social as a strategist and content creator, working in a creative and efficient way to find the maximum potential for the channels.
- Draft copy, source imagery, schedule and publish social posts for daily content across all Who What Wear UK social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest)
- Strategically, innovatively and organically find follower, engagement and referrals growth via impeccable social calendar creation and planning, pitching and executing new social franchises working on pro-active social strategies and close collaboration with the editorial team
- Always be switched-on and reactive to what’s happening in pop culture and social media, having the confidence, editorial nous and skills to execute on-brand responses in a timely and effective manner.
- Monitor social channel KPIs and analytics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, delivering and interpreting data for the wider team and using said findings to constantly pivot, improve and find opportunities within the social strategy; Provide insights on the latest social trends, technologies and competitor activities, ensuring the brand doesn’t miss a beat.
- Find industry-leading ways to engage our community across all social platforms; creating a robust calendar of activations, bringing industry figures and talent into our world and dedicating time to community management.
- Lead on live social coverage from the WWW UK channels on award shows and events, briefing out relevant team members and managing the output.
- 3-4 years experience in online publishing with a strong background in social media.
- Must be well-versed in women’s fashion and beauty trends, brands with strong knowledge of celebrities, models, tastemakers, influencers and beauty/fashion experts.
- Visual and photographic skills to create your own assets for social channels, such as low-lift video or self-shot content. Familiar with Final Cut, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Experience with social publishing and reporting tools such as Dash Hudson and DOMO with strong ability in interpreting data.
- Strong time management and organisational skills; an ability to prioritise effectively; Ability to work calmly under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and provide self-guidance.
- A team player, with a resourceful can-do attitude, who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- Available to work outside of standard contractual hours when required such as fashion week, awards season and/or occasional key evening/weekend news stories.
Who What Wear provides an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Who What Wear believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an international company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
More about Who What Wear:
Who What Wear is an international fashion company known for its digital fashion publication — whowhatwear.com — and its carefully curated, low-key luxury line of clothing and accessories, the Who What Wear Collection. The brand was founded in 2006 by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power and includes the chart-topping podcasts Second Life and Who What Wear with Hillary Kerr, both hosted by Kerr. Headquartered in Los Angeles.