The Senior Designer, Hardware - Handbags, Accessories & Footwear is responsible for the research and development of trends, themes, concepts, techniques and materials relevant to defining Tory Burch hardware across the Accessories & Footwear categories.JOB DESCRIPTIONRESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Responsible for conceptualizing and ideating hardware for application across all accessory and footwear categories.
- Innovate and create hardware designs, through a medium that best conveys design intention, that will be used in presentations or on physical samples for designs approval.
- Translate designs into tech packs or design package standards, to pass off to PD partners to develop and follow through development process.
- Initiate the hardware design process from market research/exploration to conceptual presentations to Senior Design Director, Design Executives etc.
- Create clear and concise boards for presentations while ensuring evolution and application across categories.
- Understand end use functionality, hardware application, sizing and technical specifications needed.
- Partner with multiple Product Development partners to develop design elements for all product categories and line-plan needs.
- Accountable for execution of material, finish, sustainability, production - ready options.
- Partner for viable costing, testing and lead time options.
- Responsible for calendar adherence throughout the entire development process.
- Partner cross-divisionally to with accessories team to ensure consistency/tie in throughout categories.
- Responsible for continuous flow of new concepts and new materials and how to evolve the category forward for the brand.
- Work with your hands to mock up details and 3D rendering or technology i.e. Rhino a plus
- Understand how to work within and around the calendar, merchandising requests and have price point sensitivity while designing
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accessory, Jewelry, Product Design or related area
- Minimum 5 years of relevant design experience in hardware design
- Strong computer knowledge including Rhino, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to sketch in the 3D as well as flat sketches
- Strong design and conceptual skills; strong sense of style, proportion, color and taste level. Jewelry, sculpture experience a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of technical hardware design development techniques and commercialization
- Previous experience with 3D printing preferred
- Previous luxury experience preferred,
- Strong communication and collaboration with cross functional partners required
- Detail oriented and organized
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Adaptable - Change before you have to
- Changes course easily - Knows when to be patient and when to push - Works well in the gray - Shows grace under pressure - Owns mistakes and learns from them - Balances multiple priorities
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Own it
- Takes initiative, doesn't wait for direction - Builds for the future - Takes personal ownership and accountability - Is resourceful in getting things done
- Collaborative - No "I" in Tory
- Is self-aware and open-minded - Integrates the perspectives of others - Is direct but respectful - Communicates cross functionally - Knows when to get people involved and when to make a decision - Takes an inclusive approach
- Client & Brand Focus - Put yourself in Tory's shoes
- Passionate about the brand and the work - Creates a transformational client experience - Makes decisions in the best interest of the company and our customers - Focuses on internal and external customers
- Live the Values - Being "Buddy"
- Keeps the "Buddy Values" alive (Kindness, humility, warmth, honesty, loyalty, compassion, integrity, and passion) - It's not just what you do, but how you do it - Contributes to a positive and productive environment
- Functional Expertise - Know Your Stuff
- Has the skills necessary to perform the job - Keeps current on trends, skills, and practices - Puts learning into practice
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Disability Accommodation
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .
NYC COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Tory Burch requires new hires employed in New York City to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per the order of the Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene to Require COVID19 Vaccination in the Workplace. Tory Burch provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).