Junior Wholesale Buyer & Merchandiser, EUME - MILAN
- Tory Burch
- Milano, Italy
- Closing date
- 9 Mar 2022
- Entry Level / Assistant
Reporting to the Wholesale Merchandising Manager, EUME, an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding fashion and lifestyle brand as a Junior Buyer & Merchandiser EUME on all product categories: HBG, FTW, JLW, RTW, SWM and SOFT ACCESSORIES. We are looking for a candidate who can multi-task with strong analytical skills.
Your main role will be to contribute to the increased sales and profitability of the department, by supporting the business through the provision of accurate and commercially aware retail/ecommerce analysis and information and be responsible of key peripheral activities. Moreover, you will be a key contributor alongside the rest of the buying & merchandising team to deliver a balanced and cohesive range into the Partners stores and on site which reflects the Brand vision, emerging trends and market needs.
- Seeks and understands the brand; its values and vision. Is also aware of strategies for the department/brand and ensures these are continually delivered.
- Supports in the pre-buys; proactively provides seasonal analysis, develops top customers store feedback, provide competitor monitoring, pulls together lessons learnt and identify key drivers and worst performers for the season.
- Helps to input all buys onto the systems; including sizing. Providing final check reports once completed for sign off.
- Supporting the setup of the sales market; Developing the tools for the Collection presentation to the Sales Team and to the Customers, setting up of the Collection in the selling app, samples request and monitor.
- Monitoring the sales market performance, updating and sharing insight to the collection changes with Management.
- Constantly reviews the market and external competitors, through regular comp shops, store visits and research, in order to feed information to the team to ensure the collection that is delivered to market is appropriate - reacting where necessary to support the line plan development defining the structure and composition of the collection, according to Wholesale needs.
- Supporting and assisting on markdown planning: liaising with the DTC team and NY corporate office to ensure Regional alignment. Helping to review the sale stock analysis, alongside helping to provide sale reporting.
- Liaising with CS and Planning to monitor the deliveries, highlighting delivery issues to the Buyer and Merchandisers in order to act to realize opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Playing a key asset to support the Buying & Merchandising team in projects involving other functions such as planning/customer service/marketing/visual merchandising/sales.
- Working with the team to ensure all department deadlines are being met.
- Proactively providing support to the Buying & Merchandising function across any required task.
- Acts as a team ambassador during any internal or external meetings.
- Ensuring all Company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Travel needs Regionally; store and market visits.
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
In order to deliver the main responsibilities of the role, you will need the following skills:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar position.
- Fluent in English, Italian is a bonus.
- Ability and competence in quantitative and qualitative analysis on sales performance and report/feedback from the markets.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office: advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel skills required, must be comfortable handling and manipulating large data sets; excellent PowerPoint skills; SAP experience preferred
- Able to quickly learn other Company's tools.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communicator, proactive, dynamic, strong relational skills and attitude in team working.
- Someone who uses initiative with a hands-on approach and the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation and ownership. Consistently showing a reliable, mature and confident attitude.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound analytical and numerical capabilities.
- Product sensitivity and passion for the categories.
How will success be measured?
- Performance will be measured on the productivity of the team, ST results and how you adapt and live by our Company values.
- Bi Annual Performance Reviews.
- Ability to build solid relationships within the Company.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. Launched in February 2004, the collection includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, watches, home and beauty. There are more than 200 Tory Burch boutiques across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, and the brand is available at over 3,000 department and specialty stores worldwide and toryburch.com. In 2015, the Company introduced Tory Sport, a performance activewear collection that celebrates the elegance of sport. Inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances high-tech fabrics with classic design.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert