Atelier Sample Machinist
- Emilia Wickstead
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 15 Dec 2021
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Working closely with the studio team and Atelier Manager to create samples, including MTO, Bespoke, collection pieces and Bridal, using luxury high finishing techniques and skills.
- Collaborate with the pattern cutters to maintain open communication with sampling standards, ensuring you are creating well-fitting garments.
- Participation in fittings for bespoke garments, including taking measurements and completing alterations, when head fitter is away.
- You are expected to provide the best customer experience during the fitting process.
- To record accurate fitting notes
- Ensure all finished garments are completed to the highest quality and within the time expectations
- Previous experience of at least 5-10 years of working as a sample machinist within Luxury industry. Particularly bridal is of interest
- Experience of working with different materials a must, including very light weight
- Have good techniques of hand sewing, embroidery, beading and machinery.
- Have fantastic communication skills to work with the studio team, including problem solving
- Keep a calm and positive attitude and work hard to fulfil the company’s needs.
- It is essential that you work with speed and accuracy, as well as being flexible with your hours.
Established in 2012, Emilia Wickstead has developed a clear point of distinction in its Ready-To-Wear collections, modern take and pace on Made to Measure, and immediate Made to Order offerings. Inherently feminine with a nod of old fashion couture, an instance on quality and unerring attention to detail.
British-based and New Zealand born, Emilia spent her formative years in Milan before gaining a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Fashion Design and Marketing at Central Saint Martin’s London with Honours in 2007. After graduating, Emilia worked at fashion houses in New York and Milan before returning to London to establish her own label in 2008. Originally commencing as a Made-to-Measure Atelier, Emilia’s collections now also include seasonal Ready-to-Wear and are showcased at London Fashion Week.
Emilia has received recognition from the beginning of her career including; winner of the WALPOLE Award for Brands of Tomorrow 2015; recieving an Arts Foundation Award for Patronage Donation from Gus and Irene Fisher in 2010; BFC Fashion Trust recipient 2014 and 2015; winner of ELLE Magazine’s Style Awards for Red Carpet Designer of the Year 2014; shortlisted for the WALPOLE Award for Best New British Luxury Talent 2015; the BFC/Vogue Fashion Fund in 2013, 2014, and 2015; British Fashion Award for New Establishment Designer in 2014; shortlisted for the Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize in 2013 and the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award 2015.
Emilia Wickstead is stocked in retailers globally including Net-A-Porter, Selfridges, Matches and Moda Operandi alongside of her flagship store, on London’s Sloane Street.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert