Senior Software Engineer - Frontend (Remote, Europe)
- Collaborating with other designers and engineers
- Work with product, UX and other disciplines to discover the best solutions
- Creating beautiful and fast code that improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Optimize for performance and emphasize on observability
- Using test-driven development to write well-tested code
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
- A generalist (or a T-shaped developer) excited by problems that require a mix of frontend and backend skills and unblocking anything that stands in the way of success.
- Experience using React.js or React Native
- Experience using RESTful or preferably GraphQL APIs
- Deep understanding of scalable web systems and reusable components
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Stephanie is an actual real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is digital by design. Learn more about what this can mean for you: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify's commitments to our communities, and our planet: https://www.shopify.com/about/environment#SustainabilityReports
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we're looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Learn more about our hiring process