Jr. Video Editor/Videographer
HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website. An app. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest and fun.
What You’ll Do
As Video Editor and Videographer, primary responsibilities include: shooting and editing video projects to create high quality, polished content for editorial and social platforms; involvement in ideation and pre-production of video projects within the HODINKEE editorial video team.
The right candidate will able to work both independently and with the HODINKEE video team to deliver high quality assets in a variety of styles and shooting locations, both in studio and in the field, domestically and internationally, and be able to work independently and with the HODINKEE editorial video team to bring projects to publication.
- Edit a wide variety of video projects – from short social clips to long-form, docu-style pieces – in Adobe Premiere Pro for publication on HODINKEE.com, YouTube, and social media channels.
- Focus on video projects in the production and post-production phases, but also offer input in the ideation and pre-production phases
- Shoot interviews and conversations with multiple-camera setups, including lighting and audio setups
- Shoot b-roll in both studio and ad-hoc studio setups
- Shoot still photography as needed
Who You Are
- A multi-dimensional content creator with a strong interest in video production and visual storytelling, and a willingness to learn. A keen eye for detail, an artful approach, an interest in the subject matter, and a willingness to complete projects to a high standard are expected;
- A video editor with 2+ years experience transforming raw footage into highly polished finished products; demonstrated understanding of story and storytelling; and strong journalistic and creative instincts;
- A shooter with 2+ years experience and demonstrated technical aptitude with a range of equipment and technology; demonstrated knowledge of lighting and audio setups. Photography experience a plus;
- A motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail who can operate independently to create high quality content, problem solve on the fly, and multi-task under tight deadlines;
- A dependable and dedicated member of the HODINKEE team who demonstrates sound judgement in a variety of circumstances. Interest in watches a plus – with a desire to learn more.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.