HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website. An app. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest and fun.
What You’ll Do
As Production Coordinator, primary responsibilities include: assisting the HODINKEE video team in ensuring that video productions run smoothly and efficiently, and projects are delivered on deadline; working directly with producers, shooters, editors, freelancers, and on-camera talent to streamline and optimize processes to ensure high quality and cadence of final video products.
The right candidate will able to work both independently and with the HODINKEE video team to optimize and improve every step of the video production process.
- Coordinate a wide range of video projects based primarily in New York, but also in Atlanta, as well as some international projects.
- Manage the administrative tasks and responsibilities of the video production process
- Collaborate with the entire HODINKEE video team to facilitate projects in the pre-production, production, and post-production phases
- Work directly with freelancer shooters, editors, and animators to to ensure quality and delivery of outsourced projects
- Manage budgets and production plans, work directly with outside vendors, and coordinate product shipments and deliveries
Who You Are
- A multi-talented and highly organized production coordinator with a strong interest in video production and visual storytelling, and a willingness to learn. A can-do attitude, an interest in the subject matter, and a desire to play an instrumental role in the creation of high quality video projects are expected.
- A motivated self-starter with 2+ years of experience as a production coordinator and a strong attention to detail who can operate independently, problem solve on the fly, and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- An excellent communicator – both written and verbal – who enjoys a collaborative process and can prioritize tasks independently
- A dependable and dedicated member of the HODINKEE team who demonstrates sound judgement in a variety of circumstances. Interest in watches a plus – with a desire to learn more.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.