- New York City, New York (US)
- Closing date
- 16 Dec 2021
- Creative - Graphics, Images
- Contract Type
- Part Time
As part of the Marketing team the Art Director will play a key role in ideating and creating best-in-class content and marketing materials to engage new and existing audiences and ensure a consistent visual language across digital and web.
No day is the same - from executing a campaign shoot, to designing invitations for a fashion show, to planning our Instagram grid, you’ll be collaborating cross-functionally to make sure our creative output is cohesive, relevant and effective.
A successful candidate will be able to work independently as well as within a team environment, present strong organizational skills, an ability to multitask, creativity and an articulated understanding of the brand.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ideate and create thumb-stopping content that will drive engagement, inspiration and relevancy. This includes leading all shoots and content production from concept stage through to completion for seasonal campaigns, look books, etc.
- With an audience-first mindset, execute the day-to-day design work for emails, site content, social assets and digital marketing working with the Marketing team to ensure the optimization of the content and alignment with the marketing calendar.
- Own the visual updates to the website, choosing the right mix of imagery to communicate our brand DNA and drive engagement.
- Work with cross-functional teams such as social, communications and wholesale making sure content deliverables are complete and ready for launch in a timely manner and promoted in a consistent brand voice across relevant channels.
- Design assets for a variety of marketing, PR and business needs such as invitations to events, press packs, lookbooks, packaging, marketing decks etc.
- Maintain, track, and report content budgets per project.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role either in-house or at an agency, preferably with luxury brands
- Experience of producing shoots including a long list of industry contacts such as photographers and film makers, stylists, hair & make-up artists and agents, etc
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, FinalCut/Premiere, Sketch
- Experience in creating content for key social platforms including capturing and editing video, stills, GIFs etc
- Demonstrated understanding of social media best practices, and a keen interest in digital trends, platform innovation and new features
- Eye for detail and strong visual understanding of brand DNA
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet several deadlines at the same time
- Proactive self-starter; confident in pitching new ideas
- Experience in a fast-paced, high traffic, creative work environment
- A positive and collaborative attitude
Problem Solving and Process Building
- Anticipates challenges and proactively finds solutions
- Seeks to create and constantly improve processes where needed
- Manages relationships with external partners actively, understanding how and when to escalate issues if needed
- Decides if or how to change processes according to departmental needs
- Delves into details, while still maintaining a global macro-perspective
Team Work & Communication
- Takes on roles as needed with no hesitation
- Builds balanced and supportive business relationships with other parties
- Builds trust with others through open, clear, and precise communication
- Voluntarily exchanges information and solutions within the team
- Solicits and acts on feedback, while also giving responsible and constructive feedback to other team members
- Understands and adopts the goals of the company as his/her own
- Shows outstanding consideration, respect, and kindness to team members and external contacts
- Escalates issues when necessary, understanding the risk of not communicating
Attitude & Personal Attributes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced performance-driven environment, dealing with ambiguity and change
- Demonstrates high degree of initiative and resourcefulness
- Demonstrates poise, good judgment, and a consistently positive attitude, especially under pressure
- Proactive, organized, and responsible
- High level of attention to detail
Altuzarra is an equal opportunity employer.Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States.
“It is my desire to build a modern wardrobe for women to feel confident and sexy in their everyday lives.” - J.A.
Founded in New York by Creative Director Joseph Altuzarra in 2008, Altuzarra is a Luxury Women's Ready-to-Wear and Accessories brand seeking to inspire confidence, modernity and unapologetic sexiness.
ABOUT JOSEPH ALTUZARRA: Born and raised in Paris, Joseph Altuzarra has been keenly interested in the transformative power of fashion since a young age. His multicultural upbringing and avid interest in different facets of culture, ranging from film, literature to crafts are key influences throughout his collections.
Since the launch of Altuzarra in 2008, Joseph has received numerous accolades for his work, from Forbes’ 30 Under 30, Swarovski Award for Womenswear Design, as well as Business of Fashion’s #BoF500.
In 2014, Joseph was named by the Council of Fashion Designers America as the Womenswear Designer of the Year and in 2017, the Accessories Council’s Designer of the Year.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert