Designer, Soma (Sport/Active Lifestyle) - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 12 Jan 2022
- Design - Garments & Accessories
This position is responsible forbuilding and developing a product category.This role works closely with teams to create the seasonal concept direction, line plan style needs, adhering to margin requirements, and completion of all facets of the development of product.Manages brand integrity through internal and external design partnerships.This position has a creative eye for product with the ability to drive business forward.
- Develops product and partners with those designing other categories to ensure cohesive design direction.
- Works with the cross functional teams (CFT) to coordinate assortments for presentation through print artwork, fabric, silhouette, outfit coordination and presentation boards.
- Manages multiple seasons at different stages of development, while understanding the PLC development calendar and ensuring teams are adhering to the T&A.
- Executes development interpretation and communicates creative packages and deadlines to internal and external teams.
- Executes against timelines on PLC development calendar and line plan needs.
- Coordinates visual boards and samples to drive newness to the brand.
- Prepares and assists in seasonal product reviews to senior management and merchant team by creating line presentation and concept boards.
- Partners with sourcing to identify yardage and color needs for development samples.
- Manages fabric development and seasonal presentation for core category in partnership with raw materials.
- Shops stores to identify trends relative to the business and purchases samples that our applicable to our customer.
- Works closely with cross functional teams to compliment and coordinate process, procedures, and development needs/packages.
- May attend fit sessions in partnership with technical design for styling and aesthetic comments/input.
- May present at design meetings.
- May create artwork for embellishments, plaid and stripes, and mock up projects.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
Living the Chico's FAS Values and Guiding Principles by demonstrating Customer Focus, Instilling Trust, Driving Engagement and Delivering Results with High Performance.
- Manages Complexity
Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Plans and Aligns
Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Organizational Savvy
Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Bachelor's degree required,4 year college degree in Design
- 5-7 years' experience in design within the retail industry, preferably contemporary market
- Excellent managerial, organization and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Navigate and lead through change
- Strong knowledge Fit and construction
- Hand on/ Dynamic team player
- Strong listening skills
- Computer proficient in AdobePhotoshop, Adobe Illustrator , Excel, and Word
- Ability to create or visualize an idea and produce a design by hand or using CAD a plus
·Past experience in business/design with solid understanding of details and trims. Solid understanding of Fit, fabrics, finishes and construction a plus
- InDesign and Micrograph experience preferred
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert