Senior Finance Analyst
Under the supervision of the FD, the Senior Finance Analyst will work across the business to provide vital financial information & insight to drive the business to meet its strategic goals. This is an extremely varied role with autonomy to identify performance improvement & efficiency opportunities through clear & thorough analysis as well as identification & measurement of KPI’s. This position acts as a true business partner to the Senior Management team on financial & strategic projects but also on day-to-day operations.
Analysis & Business Strategy
• Provide a strong & trusted financial partnership supporting all areas of the business to ensure the achievement of targets, by first securing the numbers, & then using your knowledge of the business to improve existing practices & challenge the status quo.
• Strong monitoring & analysis of margins & key drivers in delivering growth.
• Preparation of key commentary for shareholder reporting.
• Contribute to the Global planning process to ensure timely & accurate reporting to the Group, including modelling & scenario analysis.
• Understanding business drivers & focusing the business on delivering key objectives
• Preparation & reporting of P&L, Balance sheet & Cash flow to the Group in Paris including insightful analysis on Budgets, Forecasts & Strategic plans.
• Capital/ funding proposals to FD where required.
Financial business partner to the various areas of responsibility including:
• Overseeing & advising on commercial pricing decisions for new seasons/ geographies;
• Participating in various cross business decisions, & ensure a strong commercial finance presence;
• For every planning cycle, working with each area of the business to have a clear understanding of the risks and how to mitigate them;
• Tracking projects vs budget to drive cost efficiencies;
• Analyse areas of potential growth/ overspends to the management team & clearly communicating these to senior management;
• Benchmarking investment proposals & advise whether they enable the business to meet the wider strategic objective;
• Working closely with logistic/ warehouse teams to manage inventory levels & freight/duty implications to minimise P&L exposure.
• Work closely with Financial Accountant & Operations Manager to ensure internal control policies & procedures are in place.
• Work on finance processes & procedures to be in line with LVMH internal control expectations.
• Initiate & propose ways to improve internal control.
• Ensure best business practise is being implemented around the various responsibility areas & internal processes are robust.
Management Reporting/ Controlling:
• Ensuring weekly & monthly reporting is produced in an accurate & timely manner.
• Liaising & challenging the Financial team to ensure robust & accurate monthly reporting.
• Ensure that the Capital expenditure of the global business is kept within the budget framework.
• Analysing, questioning, & assisting in validation of the management reports.
• Analysis of Actuals vs Budget for each department by monitoring of operational budgets.
• Preparation of Stock & Purchases reconciliations & monthly accruals.
• Instruct accounting team on judgemental journals to prepare each closing.
Education & experience:
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Familiarity with the Fashion industry & retail business is a plus
• Finance Degree, Master Finance 1 or 2, DESCF, CIMA or part qualified ACCA candidate
• Software: Advanced Excel, good knowledge of Power Point, Experience with corporate ERP (JDE) & reporting systems
• Fluency in English. French &/or Italian is a plus
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously & manage deadlines & ad hoc requests
• High level of detail orientation as well as strong analytical & accounting skills
• Good communication, autonomous, rigorous, pro-active, committed to quality
• Precision, strong commitment & high energy
• Ability to work collaboratively & under pressure