HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website. An app. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest and fun.
What You’ll Do
As Video Editor, primary responsibilities include editing video projects across HODINKEE to create high quality, polished content for editorial and social platforms. The right candidate will able to work both independently and with the HODINKEE video team in the post-production process to bring projects to publication.
In this role, you will…
Edit a wide variety of video projects – from short social clips to long-form, docu-style pieces – in Adobe Premiere Pro for publication on HODINKEE.com, YouTube, and social media channels; Focus primarily on the post-production phase, but also offer input in the ideation and pre-production phases.
Who You Are
- A multi-dimensional content creator with a strong interest in video production and visual storytelling, strong journalistic and creative instincts, and a willingness to learn.
- A keen eye for detail, an artful approach, an interest in the subject matter, and a willingness to complete projects to a high standard are expected.
- A video editor with 4+ years’ experience transforming raw footage into highly polished finished products; demonstrated understanding of story and storytelling; and strong journalistic and creative instincts.
- A motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail who can operate independently to create high quality content, problem solve on the fly,
and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- A dependable and dedicated member of the HODINKEE team who demonstrates sound judgement in a variety of circumstances. Interest in watches a plus – with a desire to learn more.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.