Account Manager - Fashion
- New York (US)
- Closing date
- 16 Dec 2021
- PR & Communications
- Contract Type
- Full Time
PURPLE is looking for an experienced. Account Manager for its Fashion division to join the agency. The Account Manager will play an essential role in supporting the assigned Account Director in the development and execution of: generating maximum brand exposure through creative product placement, profile features and launches. The Account Manager must have a genuine passion for developing brands, using true initiative in order to achieve exceptional results. Impeccable client liaison skills and an established network of key contacts (brands and press) are essential.
Reporting to the Account Director, the Account Manager’s responsibilities would include increasing awareness for all brands assigned to them. In this role the Sr. Account Manager will promote the different clients in all activities, campaigns, special projects, shows, presentations and events to the media and to develop and maintain relationships with key journalists and media within your assigned and designated market, acting as an ambassador for Purple.
- Media networking and liaising across relevant beats; Maintaining strong relationships with media through regular one-to-one appointments and meetings
- Executing media relations plans for clients including developing outreach plans, message development, management of events, coordination of media familiarisation trips, effective pitching, training of spokespersons and pitching local, regional and national stories
- Competitive media research and analysis
- Participating in the creation of communications plans
- Navigating partnership and collaboration opportunities
- Spearheading and supporting with event logistics and production
- Developing weekly and monthly media reports for clients
- Support AD’s on communication with all clients, building rapport and credibility based on trust and expert counsel
- Overseeing the management of all product-related media requests – from email inquiry through prospective media coverage – through sample product distribution and tracking and follow up
- Taking inventory of and being responsible for client product inventory
- General media monitoring across clients and all competitors
- Consistently producing high quality internal and external communications content
- Oversight and compilation of weekly client agendas
- Proactively pitch story ideas to achieve maximum editorial placement across your brands
- Manage and motivate junior members of the team to ensure day to day operations run smoothly and PR results are delivered; while supporting them in their growth to the next level.
- Equally support AD’s and senior members of the team to ensure maximum support across all levels.
- Have a clear understanding of paid, owned and earned media strategies, and develop relationships with top influencers to support this activity
- Have strong connections with leading and emerging editorial talents in the UK and Europe;
- Managing the Junior Account Executive/Account Executive to help reach personal and team targets
- Contribute to agency new business efforts; both creating proposals and participating in relevant pitches
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience operating in a senior position within the fashion industry
- Proven commercial experience with working in a fast-paced environment
- Management experience is highly desirable
- Proven track record of creating a positive impact on business through implementation of a PR strategy
- Discreet, professional and well spoken, with excellent communication skills
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly promote the Purple offering
- Creative and strategic thinker
- strong established fashion press contacts
- International press contacts are also desirable
- Strong experience of event management
- Strong presentation & superb writing skills
- Able to identify communication opportunities across multiple media platforms
- Strong MS Word skills; working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
Purple is an internationally renowned Public Relations Agency with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles Miami and Hong Kong providing communications, creative and digital strategies to leading global brands and the next generation of groundbreaking talent within the fashion, music, beauty, lifestyle and luxury goods industries. We align business ambition and cultural energy for commercial success.
The strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset. Purple’s services cover press relations, print and online editorial procurement, product placement, high profile event management and innovative creative and digital strategies.
Purple offers a wealth of experience and expertise across a broad range of sectors which is used to great effect to leverage clients’ communications. We have an unrivalled network of influencers worldwide, which along with our unique and individual skill set enables us to achieve global success with each communications campaign.
27-29 Glasshouse Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert