Account Director - Fashion
- New York (US)
- Closing date
- 16 Dec 2021
- PR & Communications
- Director / President / C Suite
- Contract Type
- Full Time
PURPLE is looking for an experienced Account Director for its Fashion division to join the agency. The Account Director will play an essential role in supporting the assigned VP & EVP in the development and execution of: generating maximum brand exposure through creative product placement, profile features and launches. The Account Director must have a genuine passion for developing brands, using true initiative in order to achieve exceptional results. Impeccable client liaison skills and an established network of key contacts (brands and press) are essential.
Account Director’s responsibilities would include increasing awareness for all brands assigned to them. In this role the Account Director will promote the different clients in all activities, campaigns, special projects, shows, presentations and events to the media and to develop and maintain relationships with key journalists and media within your assigned and designated market, acting as an ambassador for Purple.
- Has the ability to provide counsel to clients as opposed to taking direction from clients; Is able to have tough conversations with clients with their best interests in mind
- Is able to lead client calls / in-person meetings and think on one’s feet
- Is able to take client business objectives and develop a linear and cohesive communication strategy that reflect those business objectives
- As core account team lead, is able to pull in and collaborate with speciality resources across the agency (both in NYC, London and LA) to ensure the client is getting access to the agency’s network-wide expertise
- Is able to lead client programs and campaigns – from planning to execution – in an organised and timely manner, within the specified budget
- Understands the difference between a communication strategy and a media strategy
- Shows accountability in terms of meeting client benchmarks and delivering strong media coverage; Delivers on this through team leadership and guidance
- Own all media relations and continue to develop and maintain key relationships
- Is able to provide strategic and tactical support to Divisional Director
- Working with our in-house events team to manage launch events for media and influencers
- Line managing their team to ensure they meet targets and have a development plan
- Exhibits strong new business skills both from a planning and proposal perspective and during in-person pitch opportunities; Brings in new business opportunities through networking
- Works closely with Purple’s social media team to ensure client milestones are promoted
- Overseeing the management of all product-related media requests – from email inquiry through prospective media coverage – through sample product distribution and tracking and follow up
- Taking inventory of and being responsible for client product inventory
- General media monitoring across clients and all competitors
- Consistently producing high quality internal and external communications content
- Oversight and compilation of weekly client agendas
- Proactively pitch story ideas to achieve maximum editorial placement across your brands
- Manage and motivate junior members of the team to ensure day to day operations run smoothly and PR results are delivered; while supporting them in their growth to the next level.
- Equally support AD’s and senior members of the team to ensure maximum support across all levels.
- Have a clear understanding of paid, owned and earned media strategies, and develop relationships with top influencers to support this activity
- Have strong connections with leading and emerging editorial talents in the UK and Europe;
- Managing the Account Managers/Account Executive to help reach personal and team targets
- Contribute to agency new business efforts; both creating proposals and participating in relevant pitches
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience operating in a senior position within the fashion industry
- Proven commercial experience with working in a fast-paced environment
- Management experience is highly desirable
- Proven track record of creating a positive impact on business through implementation of a PR strategy
- Discreet, professional and well spoken, with excellent communication skills
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly promote the Purple offering
- Creative and strategic thinker
- strong established fashion press contacts
- International press contacts are also desirable
- Strong experience of event management
- Strong presentation & superb writing skills
- Able to identify communication opportunities across multiple media platforms
- Strong MS Word skills; working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
Purple is an internationally renowned Public Relations Agency with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles Miami and Hong Kong providing communications, creative and digital strategies to leading global brands and the next generation of groundbreaking talent within the fashion, music, beauty, lifestyle and luxury goods industries. We align business ambition and cultural energy for commercial success.
The strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset. Purple’s services cover press relations, print and online editorial procurement, product placement, high profile event management and innovative creative and digital strategies.
Purple offers a wealth of experience and expertise across a broad range of sectors which is used to great effect to leverage clients’ communications. We have an unrivalled network of influencers worldwide, which along with our unique and individual skill set enables us to achieve global success with each communications campaign.
27-29 Glasshouse Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert