Lead People Partner
Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. Our team is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
Depop exists to empower the next generation to transform fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
We operate on three values:
- Circularity - We’re taking the circular economy mainstream. Changing people’s relationship with clothes and making it easy to choose options that are kinder to the planet.
- Self expression - We’re a space for self expression that encourages millions to explore, connect and find their identities through style.
- Opportunity - We’re building a home of fashion where everyone feels welcome and anyone can succeed on their own terms.
We’re looking for a forward-thinking Lead People Partner to set the standard for how we work with our leaders and drive positive impact within the company. You’ll manage two People Partners across Technology and Marketing, defining the operating rhythm of the team while supporting a smaller population of your own within our Operations teams. You’ll have a talent for striking the right balance between transactional and transformational work, and be the kind of person who gets a kick from seeing your team really thrive as they create an exceptional manager experience here at Depop.
Heading into 2022, we have three core focus areas; Engagement, Inclusion and Performance Culture. You’ll collaborate with the Head of People Operations and play a leading role in projects that will have a far-reaching impact on the overall employee experience and culture here.
- Line manage, coach and develop the People Partnering team to deliver an excellent service to company leaders and introduce best practice
- Lead the People Partnering team’s approach to, and delivery of cyclical HR events and such as compensation cycles, performance reviews and engagement surveys
- Identify consistent challenges and themes across the company and devise strategic, commercial solutions to enhance our leader, manager and overall employee experience, designing scalable internal and user-facing infrastructure where needed
- Manage the delivery of transformational projects and change programmes through you and your team
- Leverage data to drive and influence evidence-based decisions, and communicate insights on key metrics such as attrition and our engagement tool, Peakon
- Be a trusted advisor, coaching, and supporting senior leaders and managers to develop their capabilities and people management competencies
- Support your own smaller client group by providing expert advice and partnership at the leadership level
- Act as a point of escalation for complex employee relations casework and investigations where needed
- Uphold Depop’s commitments to wellbeing, DEI and sustainability in the way you and your team approach your work, supporting our mission to build the world’s most diverse, progressive home of fashion.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Relevant experience of People Partnering and working strategically with company leaders
- Previously line managed others within a People function (ideally People Partners!)
- Driven company-wide projects to completion through strong project and stakeholder management skills
- Reviewed policies and processes, implementing tangible changes to deliver improvements in a scaling environment
- Expertise in developing and delivering strategic and commercially astute solutions for client groups aligned to a wider People strategy
- Excellent independent judgment and discretion while using company policies and practices to determine appropriate action
- First-class communication skills, including coaching, the ability to influence, challenge and negotiate with conviction at all levels to debate and decide the best course of action
- A track record of building credible relationships with stakeholders by demonstrating your depth of experience, knowledge and skills
- Sound knowledge of current employment law and of potential future developments
Preferred but not essential experience:
- Prior use of Workday for HRIS
- Knowledge of the US employment market and legislation
- A background in organisational design / organisational psychology
- Experience of working within a technology or post-acquisition organisation
- Sufficient data acumen to complete data analysis (e.g. pivot tables, index matching / vlookups) and draw insights to present to others