Retail Operations Manager
Who we are
Tomorrow is a multi-service business accelerator for fashion brands. The Group helps brands to develop and achieve sustainable growth through a fully integrated service offering that includes investment, sales and distribution, retail, consultancy and production.
Tomorrow’s headquarters is in London with offices and showrooms in London, Milan, Paris, New York and Shanghai. It currently employs over 200 people across three continents.
Shanghai Office is recently opened to lead the group business in APAC. We are looking for a number of talents to build our wholesales team and retail team, for Head office and Shops to be opened (directly and in partnership).
Who we are looking for
We are seeking someone with demonstrated leadership in retail operations and people management to help us build and scale our physical retail presence in China. The role will play an integral part in connecting our store and head office teams - driving efficiency, problem solving and enabling our stores to deliver exceptional performance and customer service. It will support the on-going day to day operations of our physical retail store.
What your day to day will look like
- Work closely with the Retail HQ team to set and monitor KPI achievement across each store and make necessary changes to achieve goals
- Setting financial projections and annual budgets and forecasts per store, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Analyze daily sales reports to note which items are selling well and which are not
- Create management and operational procedures and ensure they’re carried out in a cost-effective way
- Partner with the HQ and HO on recruiting, selecting, scheduling, conducting performance reviews, counselling and disciplining employees
- Ensure onboarding processes for all store employees are being followed and all required legal documents are collected and kept up-to-date
- Manage day-to-day store operations with Store Manager including inventory management, sales generation, and payroll
- Lead on all retail processes from opening to close, including visual merchandising, stock management, sales, interior design and, in the future, the implementation of training guides to ensure
- Work closely with the HQ and Creative Director to oversee the customer experience, always working to improve the in-store experience to drive excellence and customer acquisition and retention
- Manage external suppliers to deliver planned and reactive maintenance
- Ensure compliance with local laws and regulations for all locations, regularly reviewing processes as appropriate to ensure they remain applicable to legislation and executed successfully
- Lead on improving operational management systems, technology solutions, processes and best practices
What you need to succeed
- An understanding and appreciation of the luxury retail service environment
- Commercially driven with a customer-first mindset
- Organisational, negotiation and leadership skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment – proactive, agile and can adapt easily to change
- Experience with implementing IT systems and understanding of supply chain processes
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience in retail operations
- Experience working with both mono and multi brand retailers and understands the nuances between the two
- Prior P&L and budget management
- Knowledge and experience in managing facilities and maintenance
- Fluent in English