- Los Angeles, United States
- Closing date
- 21 Dec 2021
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Full Time
With creative freedom and high-level direction, the Women's RTW Designer is to initiate concepts seasonally that are dynamic, fashion-driven, and emulative of the creative vision of the AMIRI aesthetic. Further, this position directly supports the Creative Director and Head of Design by executing design development and execution of category-specific product that closely adhere to the brand's vision and direction.
- Partner closely with Creative Director to consistently develop and improve the AMIRI Women's RTW collection.
- Create sketches, illustrations, and style information for designated women's categories in line with AMIRI aesthetic.
- Responsible for creation, development and execution of materials, sketches, prints, trim and hardware for product development.
- Collaborate with all members of the AMIRI design team to ensure cohesiveness of products.
- Participate in regular team meetings to reinforce close communication on design-related processes and related matters.
- Identify/source material references for inspiration; monitor industry trends.
- Brainstorm new concepts with Design team.
- Partner with Production team to manage assigned work from inception or product throughout completion.
- Participate in preparation of line for various meetings, photo shoots and market presentations.
- Adhere to design calendar deadlines and timelines; ensuring all designs are completed accurately and on time.
- Mentor Design Interns, assigning projects and duties in line with AMIRI's internship program.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Mike Amiri built a formative philosophy from his upbringing in the heart of Hollywood. Along Sunset blvd, surrounded by graffiti artists, skaters and musicians, the groundwork for the AMIRI collection was formed through an authentic inspiration of Los Angeles nostalgia.
The AMIRI collection was launched in 2014 as an exclusive capsule within the Los Angeles boutique Maxfield. The pieces were designed to incorporate elements of California culture understood by natives, while also featuring street elements to define a new, modern form of luxury.
In 2015, the brand expanded distribution upon the sucess of the capsule and, in 2016, introduced women’s ready to-wear, footwear and accessories.
Each AMIRI collection is centered around local manufacturing, with RTW produced in the LA Arts District from materials sourced in Italy, Japan and France. The spirit of AMIRI pieces emanates from a genuine perspective combining irreverent, handmade expertise with luxurious, global fabrications.
Mike endeavors to consistently retain an individualized approach with each garment. Heritage elements such as distress detailing, signature denim washes and artisanal treatments are now synonymous with the AMIRI identity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert