Digital Art Director - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 2 Feb 2022
- Director / President / C Suite
The position is responsible for conceptualizing and executing design solutions for the e-commerce business, with an eye to the multi-touchpoint digital marketing programs and social media channels. This position will serve as a creative leader and will be accountable for the quality of the final creative product for e-commerce design.
- Concepts site experiences to support digital marketing and omnichannel brand initiatives
- Understands and works within existing and future brand guidelines to extend the brand aesthetic to the digital channels
- Understands how to apply user-centered design principles to the creative decision-making process.
- Elevates the design aesthetic of digital deliverables while ensuring brand integrity and maintaining cohesive, consistent customer experiences.
- Collaborates with ECOM site experience, site merchandising, site production, copywriting and brand counterparts to achieve business and customer strategy objectives
- Keeps abreast of technical innovations, research competitors, and work toward best in class experiences
- Evaluates customer data to drive decisions in partnership with customer analytics, site merchandising, and marketing
- Partners effectively with front-end developers/engineers and UX to ensure optimal production process and usability best practices
- Partners effectively with UX and CRM teams to understand and explore user testing opportunities (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Collaborates with graphic designers across all channels of the brand to work toward a common vision of the customer experience and touchpoints.
- Effectively presents initial creative concepts, communicate functionality and online interactive goals
- Partners with Creative Director and campaign art directors to conceptualize, plan and art direct photography and video for digital, pre- and post-production. Fashion art direction experience (on-model and still life) preferred.
- Partners with Creative Director and UX (and Front-End Development) to develop, maintain and expand the component library and digital style guide for chicos.com and Chico's FAS Design System.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years digital design experience, including ecommerce, digital marketing
- 3+ years in a creative management role
- A strong digital portfolio demonstrating clean, pixel-perfect design, user-centered and intuitive design solutions
- Vertical Retail/Fashion/Luxury/Beauty industry experience strongly preferred
- Ability to develop and adhere to brand style guides, design systems and pattern libraries
- Experience with responsive design (I.e. Bootstrap principles) and "mobile-first" theory. Experience with atomic design theory preferred
- Solid understanding of web accessibility guidelines
- Experience designing for sites involving CMS tools and systems.
- Experience in managing multiple complex creative projects with a demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business needs
- Experience leading design reviews and providing clear feedback
- Excellent presentation, communication, organizational agility, problem solving skills, and thorough attention to detail
- Expert in digital typography, Sketch, Figma, Photoshop and other Adobe suite products.
- Experience with incorporating motion graphics, animation, and video into digital marketing. Video editing capabilities in AfterEffects or similar preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with a variety of people and personalities
- Strong relationship-building skills, the ability to coach other designers and a track record of successfully working collaboratively across teams
- A deep understanding of the creative landscape and new digital technologies
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert