International Wholesale Manager
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the main responsibility for this role will be to secure new business for the brand, identifying and securing suitable accounts with a focus on the US market and key accounts. Manage existing wholesale clients, driving organic sales growth and drop-ship partner relationships, the Head of Sales will be a key member of Marie-Chantal’s UK based head office team. Strong administration skills, a proper sense of urgency and time management are all needed for success.
The role is a dynamic one that requires confidence, fine-tuned attention to detail and a flexible ‘no task is too big or too small’ attitude for ultimate success in this collaborative and fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have a strong network of international store contacts and there is a need to travel to the US on a regular basis.
Please see below for a more in-depth list of the responsibilities:
- Key contact for existing wholesale partners to build and develop excellent relationships.
- Actively research and establish new wholesale partners to grow the current business.
- Work with the commercial director to research, create and implement the international wholesale strategy.
- Maintain and structure a database of clients and update on a regular basis.
- Create the wholesale budget and exceed the targets set.
- Day to day administration of US wholesale and drop ship partners, including being the first point of contact, processing orders and invoices in a timely manner, updating stock and ensuring the third-party Agreement is adhered to efficiently.
- Create and execute sales policies, improve efficiency, and simplify sales process.
- Partner with PR and UK teams to organize trunk shows and market appointments.
- Travel will be required to sufficiently fulfil the role (up to 20%).
- Partner with the Account Executive to organize market appointments, trunk shows and promotional events.
- Must always maintain a professional appearance and manner that properly represents both Marie-Chantal and her brand.
- Ad hoc tasks upon request to support all sales channels of the business.
Skills and Experience
- 5 year’s experience in a sales/business development role for a luxury brand
- Able to travel internationally
- Multi-channel experience is an advantage
- Must be polished, professional and well presented
- Strong active network of international store contacts
- Confident and pro-active Self-starter
- Strong administration and logistics experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Diplomatic and discreet
- Energetic and flexible team player
- Excel proficient
- Experience with Bright Pearl and Shopify an advantage