Director, Industry Insights
Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion trade events, including MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, and SOURCING at MAGIC. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic events will translate into stronger events for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to deliver superbly merchandised marketplaces, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, Informa Markets Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas, Japan, as well as emerging regional markets domestically. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
The Director, Industry Insights plays a key role in the development and delivery of a ToFu content strategy that positions the Informa Markets Fashion portfolio and individual Hero brands as fashion business leaders, go-to resources for industry insights, and inclusive, dynamic communities for the fashion industry’s professionals. The person in this role is responsible for the ideation, development, management, delivery, and distribution of engaging and topical digital content designed to attract and retain customers, influencers and industry partners, and build / maintain engaged communities aligned with Informa Markets Fashion brands, verticals, and defined customer segments. In addition, this role will have the opportunity to develop a new Business Resources content program from the ground up.
The candidate will focus on researching, synthesizing, and packaging key topics and themes important to the fashion-wide community (and/or defined brand/retail/ tech segments, as needed) across the IMF portfolio, identifying key industry content partners that bring valuable points of view and insights to our community, and delivering engaging, thought provoking, rich, culturally-connected, and value-add content year-round.
They must possess a deep understanding of editorial best practices as they relate to ToFu B2B marketing content for a variety of platforms, channels, and purposes. The Director, Industry Insights is a storyteller at heart, with a keen understanding of how to create and deliver value-add content that strengthens our brand position(s), thought leadership, and grows / engages our overall fashion community.
They will work in close collaboration with marketing teams to ensure successful distribution of content across a variety of channels and to measure engagement and ROI. Additionally, the Director, Industry Insights is responsible for the management of external content partners, resources, and freelancers, fashion-wide digital content calendars, production and delivery timelines, and other project management responsibilities as necessary.
Role Accountability and Duties:
CONTENT STRATEGY AND PLANNING
- Responsible for the development and delivery of a TOFU (top of the funnel) content strategy designed to position our portfolio of B2B fashion brands as industry-leading, go-to resources for market and industry insights.
- Identify key topics, themes, content partners, industry challenges to activate the Informa Markets Fashion brand around through a mix of engaging thought leadership, insights, trend, and business resources-focused content
- Own end-to-end brand and TOFU content program(s): Ideate, develop, manage, deliver and distribute topical content that is relevant to our fashion-wide community and that aligns to target customer segments needs and interests
- Own end-to-end content journeys and overall insights / fashion-wide content calendars, as well as segment-aligned content calendars
- Collaborate with Director, Content & Community, and wider marketing team(s) to conceptualize and deliver content needed for demand and lead generation at the top of the funnel as needed; work collaboratively with the wider brand teams to ensure content formats and topics are relevant to target customer segments and specific brand vertical needs
CONTENT DEVELOPMENT & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Be a steward of best practices in digital-first content, grammar, writing, voice, tone, and style
- Acquire deep understanding of our industry, existing customer base, and target customer segments’ challenges and needs; use knowledge to develop tactical plans to acquire, retain, and engage and deliver against them
- Research, identify, understand key topics and themes of importance to the fashion industry and our customer and prospect segments; understand and address challenges, needs through impactful, value-add content pieces and campaigns
- Source and manage external content resources, including content agencies, partners, vendors, creative freelance pool as needed; on-going analysis of resource pool to ensure alignment with content needs for a variety of platforms and channels
- Project manage and actively collaborate with external agencies, partners, freelancers to develop and deliver world-class content pieces and campaigns on time and on budget
- Prioritize work and resources across projects based on short- and long-term needs, establishing achievable production schedules by collaborating with production resources as needed
- Provide direction, edits, and feedback to external creative agencies, vendors, partners, freelancers
- Implement and manage needed workflows as related to content calendar(s), timelines and deadlines, production schedules, delivery, and distribution of content; Proactively develop standards, processes, and best practices for innovative content creation, distribution, and repurposing
- Responsible for budget management & tracking, providing updates regularly
CONTENT DELIVERY, DISTRIBUTION, MEASUREMENT
- Work with Digital Marketing team to optimize website-hosted content through SEO best-practices
- Collaborate with marketing and other cross functional teams as needed to develop appropriate project/campaign/distribution plans; collaborate with creative and brand teams to develop assets to launch/distribute/promote content across a variety of platforms including social media
- Ensure consistency throughout all content creative and assets developed; actively collaborate with marketing, brand, and creative team(s) to ensure consistent look, feel, and voice across all developed content
- Analyze content performance, engagement, and ROI and consolidate feedback from cross-functional teams; continually work to elevate the quality of content deliverables and optimize for conversion and ROI
- Manage, audit, update, and optimize library of existing content, always with an eye on how to repurpose and lengthen life of value-add content and drive further ROI
- As needed, work hand-in-hand with the wider marketing team(s) to ideate, develop, produce, and deliver fashion-wide content in a variety of formats
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field
- Exceptional written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to apply those skills across multiple content marketing formats (articles, infographics, email content, social media posts, webinars, whitepapers/reports, etc.)
- Creative, positive, high-energy attitude and a strong sense of urgency and teamwork
- Strong project management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills and are able to function at a high performance level on a tight schedule
- Solid computer skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with content measurement tools/metrics and knowledge of how to incorporate audience analysis into content development
- Experience in incorporating a variety of new media formats into overall content marketing strategies
- Proven success working in matrixed organizations and influencing internal stakeholders, services and platforms. Comfortable collaborating internally and externally
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to take projects and run with them
- Well-traveled, culturally sensitive, and able to balance human factors with professional expectations
- Articulate and responsive in communications, eloquent in the written and spoken word and able to build strong business relationships. Well-developed presentation skills.
- Interest in fashion and retail industries, fashion experience and understanding of industry a plus
- Problem solving – you balance stakeholder needs while maintaining brand and business objectives. You can identify roadblocks, determine fixes, and work in a team environment to implement the solutions to get to the end goal
- Out of the box thinking -- You are willing to challenge norms and come up with fresh ideas and approaches on reaching audiences and engaging our customers
- Objective Leadership -- your effectiveness in keeping the team together and getting work done is a function of leadership and character, not rank
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, and adaptable with a flexible management style, able to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines and activities simultaneously
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.