We are looking for a dedicated Accounts Assistant to join our busy Nottingham team. The primary function of this role is to ensure overseas retail accounts related matters are dealt with in an accurate and timely manner and to provide information and assistance to finance and other staff as required.
This role will offer a hybrid way of working flexibly, both in the office and working from home after the initial induction period.
• Posting of weekly retail takings for the overseas shops.
• Resolving queries on weekly retail takings posting files for the overseas shops.
• Investigate and correct differences arising on overseas retail banks and retail related control accounts.
• Prepare retail bank account reconciliation ensuring all items are investigated and cleared within set time frames.
• Reconcile UK retail related control accounts, ensuring all reconciling items are corrected and posted in a timely manner.
• Liaising with Auditors on retail related matters; providing analysis, information and responding to queries.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• At least 2 year experience working in a similar Accounts Assistant role.
• Highly computer literate with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Previous demonstrated accounts experience in a busy office environment.
• Experience of dealing with confidential information.
• A team member with highly tuned inter-personal skills.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to set deadlines.
• Attention to detail with the ability to prioritise own workload.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must operate in a professional manner with high degree of integrity.
• Well-presented and smart appearance.
Please note, this role is not eligible for sponsorship in the Skilled Worker visa category.