- Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh (GB)
- Closing date
- 2 Dec 2021
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are looking for a talented, passionate and highly motivated Design Assistant to join our close-knit design team in Edinburgh. Reporting into the Product Development Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to further your hands-on design experience working within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, to support the full development of a collection from concept/research stages to final sample development.
Please note: this role is based in Edinburgh and will require the successful candidate to work from our Head Office in the City Centre.
Application deadline is close of business on Thursday 2nd December. We ask that you please enclose a design portfolio alongside your CV submission.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing sketches and specifications in line with a set design brief to create a capsule collection from start to finish.
- Collecting mood board inspiration which is aligned with the brand, and contributing ideas at the weekly design meeting.
- Producing boards for the season and ensuring they are up to date prior to sign off.
- Researching market trends.
- Creating tech packs and artworking prints on Adobe Illustrator to send to factories.
- Organising and expediting timely arrival of prototypes and photo samples
- Working with colleagues to create the product lookbook
- Assisting the Product Development Manager and other team members in the design of seasonal collections
- Other ad hoc administrative duties to support the Design team
Required skills and experience:
- At least 6 months’ experience within a design-focussed role (essential)
- Be studying or have recently completed a design or development-focused degree (highly desirable)
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, for the purpose of creating mockups, and Adobe Illustrator for creating tech packs
- Excellent computer skills, including CAD and Photoshop
- Passion for, and practical knowledge of, materials and processes, including leather, hardware, exotics, digital and silkscreen printing, hand-painting, customization, laser cutting, foil blocking and marquetry
- Confident communicator
- Highly organised, proactive, and able to take the initiative.
- Professional and good time-management
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to multiple deadlines.
- Trend-focused with an eye for detail.
Strathberry is an Edinburgh-based and internationally known brand founded in 2013. Specialising in luxury leather goods, Strathberry creations are handcrafted in Spain using only the finest quality Spanish leathers, and can take up to 20 hours to make. Known for its instantly recognisable bar closure and minimalist design aesthetic, Strathberry’s elegant lines, exceptional attention to detail and celebrity endorsement have lead to a global following.
Strathberry is an independently owned luxury label. With bold and original creative direction, Strathberry has quickly developed into one of the front runners in international leather accessories design. Strathberry bags are found in a fast growing list of the best international stockists.
Integral to the Strathberry ethos is a passion for quality craftsmanship. A Strathberry bag can take up to 20 hours to make and each one is handmade in limited quantities by skilled artisans whose understanding of leatherwork is unparalleled.
Based in Edinburgh's West End, we work from a beautiful 3 storey townhouse containing; showroom, design studio, open plan offices, photo studio.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert