Senior Garment Technologist/ Quality Control
Sahara is seeking a Senior Garment Technologist and Quality Controller to join its Production Team based in Primrose Hill, NW1.
As Senior Garment Technologist and Quality Controller you will ensure that Sahara’s products are of an aspirational quality and that their finish is in keeping to the standard that our discerning customer has come to expect. You will liaise between both the Design & Production teams to ensure the accurate and efficient production of garments. Visiting our UK Factories on a regular basis you will use your knowledge to monitor and improve quality.
Working collaboratively between the Production Manager and Pattern Cutter in order to identify opportunities for improvement: your list of responsibilities, whilst not exhaustive, will include:
- Being responsible for the quality, fit & legal compliance of the Sahara product, presenting and implementing improvements where required
- As 60% of Sahara product is produced in the UK, regular visits to our London based factories are required, to assist and resolve any production issues
- Aligning the fit across the Sahara range; using fit models to ensure a consistent product
- Working alongside our Pattern Cutter making sure fit reviews are carried out across the full Sahara range and benchmarking against our competitors
- Working on the fit of garments in all Sahara’s product ranges from the 1st proto through to production control
- Attending fit meetings and relaying clear & concise fit comments to all factories
- Measuring samples, creating, amending and updating fully graded specs and providing technical drawings/diagrams where necessary
- Have a thorough understanding of grading, with the ability to check and approve graded patterns before sending to Factory in conjunction with Patter Cutter
- Checking gold seal samples are fit for production and ensure our factories have all necessary information to deliver a first-class product
- Working across departments to ensure that all necessary people are updated on any QA issues or changes in product
- You will be the main contact for all returns and rejected garments from Stores, Online and Wholesale. Investigating the problem and ensuring follow up actions are taken.
- Occasionally travel to overseas factories where required to assist/advise technicians and ensure good relationships are maintained between us
- Spot-checking production by making store and warehouse visits to ensure finishing is of a first-class standard
- Organising production visits to our Crawford Street store once a month to critically review product to see how it can be improved
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, identifying potential risks and opportunities in the supply chain and driving improvement initiatives
- Work closely with Design & Merchandising to establish optimum product value and maintain excellent communication
AS A PERSON YOU WILL
- Be exacting and passionate about producing perfect products
- Have experience of visiting and checking production in factories
- Be a problem solver
- Be logical in your approach
- Be comfortable asking questions and challenging the status quo in a quest for producing the perfect product
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Have strong computer literacy with a competency in Adobe Illustrator
- Be willing to undertake fresh challenges to help elevate product/brand
- Be optimistic in your outlook and approach challenges positively, taking team members with you
- Be commercial in your approach and always have the customer in mind
- Strive for excellence in all areas of your work
- Have a friendly, approachable personality
IN RETURN WE PROVIDE
- a friendly working environment in a beautiful office space
- a competitive salary
- a generous holiday allowance
- flexible start and finish times
- a discretionary annual bonus
- access to exclusive perks and discounts via Perkbox
- a generous staff discount
- Organic fruit, great coffee and Prosecco every Friday afternoon
Sahara is a fiercely independent, family and founder-run business founded in the 1970s with 16 own brand stores and over 150 wholesale stockists in the UK and overseas. Sahara creates collections for the free-spirited, independent woman.
We are the women of Sahara. We are unconstrained. Our adventurous spirit leads us beyond the High Street to destinations lesser known. For clothes that mean more. That add to the story of our lives.
We are unique. Try and pin us down, it doesn’t work. Label us and it won’t stick. We believe that demographics divide, age is just a state of mind and body type is what each one of us sees in the mirror.
We are leaders. Visionaries in our own right. Creative, passionate - and only ever underestimated once.