Senior Manager Ecommerce
Senior Ecommerce Manager
This roll will assume sole responsibility for driving the performance and operations of maharishistore.com. Reporting to the Head of Retail, working closely with Brand Communications and retail managers to own and deliver the Maharishi online retail experience, develop omni-channel strategy and deliver and exceed growth expectations.
- Assume sole responsibility of www.maharishistore.com performance and operations.
- Strive to achieve and exceed financial, KPI and operational targets.
- Set and manage Ecommerce roadmap for continued development and growth encompassing all facets of the department.
- Manage, train and develop Ecommerce team - including: Trading Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Customer Service & Admin Assistant, Brand Communications and Photographer.
- Owning and delivering a seamless customer experience.
- Weekly / Quarterly / Annual Departmental reporting to Head of Retail, Product Development & Director sharing key sights to benefit all areas of the business.
- Owner of site enhancements and integrations in partnership with external development agency and third party service providers such as Global E.
- Manage workflow and delivery of all assets from Brand Communications and Photographer.
- Manage range plan and product publishing via Trading Exec. Ensuring timely publishing of product and seamless data flow of product information from Design / Production to ensure key points and unique design insights translate from design to website.
- Review, improve and manage department wide Standard Operating Procedures encompassing all aspects of department functionality.
- Work closely with 3PL Manager and fulfilment team.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues with www.maharishistore.com.
Budgeting and P&L
- Ownership of Ecommerce P&L and budgets.
- Planning and forecasting departmental financial performance and assigning targets by identifying categories and territories for growth.
- Forecasting performance and assigning targets by channel and territory.
- Managing budget and prioritising projects with external development agency for best ROI.
- Managing budget and prioritising campaigns with external digital advertising agency for best ROI.
- Weekly / Quarterly / Annual Reporting of budgeting and P&L to Head of Retail, Finance Department and Director.
- Identifying departmental bandwidths and managing P&L to ensure profitability is not limited by resources.
- Ownership of external digital marketing agency, responsible for planning and execution of company digital marketing activity. Ensuring maximum ROI within brand guidelines.
- Ownership of Digital Marketing budgeting, planning and spend.
- Be a brand guardian ensuring all digital marketing activity aligns with business priorities and brand identity.
- Plan and communicate content and promotional calendar with external digital marketing agency via Digital Marketing Exec.
- Weekly / Quarterly / Annual Reporting of digital marketing activity and performance vs. KPIs to Head of Retail and Director.
- Help build own retail and wholesale digital marketing activity to achieve wider business goals.
- Consistently review agency performance and business model to ensure best ROI is achieved.
CRM / Email
- Ownership of all CRM / Email Marketing and direct line manager to Digital Marketing Exec.
- Responsible for all CRM / Email Marketing planning and strategy, ensuring all strategies align with brand identity and goals.
- Creation of content calendar and sign off of CRM / Email strategy via Brand Communications
- Define newsletter segmentation and content strategies for improved KPIs.
- Delegate and achieve alongside Digital Marketing Exec:
- Weekly / Quarterly / Annual Reporting of CRM / Email activity and performance vs. KPIs to Head of Retail, Director.
- Own and optimise customer journey through all stages for the marketing funnel.
- Consistently reviewing platforms and tools used within the Digital Marketing department and seeking to migrate and improve where required to achieve goals.
- Email building, scheduling and sign off.
- Client Segmentation for improved targeting, acquisition and retention.
- Email automation to create personalised messaging and improve engagement.
- Create a loyalty and rewards program for improved retention.
- Ownership of site maintenance, bug fixes and development via external developer agency.
- Ownership of budgeting for all development projects and responsible for roadmap creation planning and spend.
- Ensuring delivery of best in class UX, seeking constant improvement using data driven insights.
- Working with Brand Communications to ensure maharishistore.com is always the optimal digital representation of the brand.
- Work with existing and identify potential new external agencies and platforms to ensure seamless integration and UX.
- Set clear KPI’s for external agencies and platforms to ensure best ROI.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a senior Ecommerce position.
- Strong organisational & team leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of Ecommerce KPIs & analytics platforms.
- Proven track record in Ecommerce department development / employee development / developing operating processes and systems.
- Experience in selling products that require bespoke specialist knowledge.
- Extensive experience using Google Analytics, Mail Chimp, Microsoft Office (including Excel), Google drive, CMS, Asana & Trello.
- Preferred experience using Shopify POS & Trade Gecko
- Preferred experience using Global E.
- Experience working with a headless build website & React desired.
- Deep affinity and understanding of Maharishi and its values.
- The ability to navigate and understand the intricacies of working for an independently owned company.
- Positive attitude with the willingness to make real change in a growing organisation.