Barback - Studio 59, Part Time: 59th Street
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
- Day-1 Medical*, Dental, Vision Benefits & More
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Scheduling
*Full-Time Colleagues Only
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
A Barback is responsible for assisting Bartenders to ensure they have everything they need to serve customers efficiently. Their duties include replacing kegs, restocking glasses and other supplies needed to make drinks, minimal food prep, and maintaining a clean dining space throughout their shift.
- Keep the bar stocked with liquor, syrups, glasses, napkins and all other necessary items before and during service hours.
- Prepare garnishes, refill ice wells, change beer kegs and restock napkins and straws.
- Clean up the spills, remove the glassware and organize the counter.
- Keep the bar area neat and clean.
- Coordinate with managers, kitchen staff and security personnel to ensure efficient service to customers.
- Handle emergency situations, like cleaning up broken glasses and clearing up clogged drains.
- Minimal assembly of small plates as necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies
• Minimum High School or GED
• 3-5 years related experience
• bility to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
• Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
• Must be at least 21 years old to handle/serve alcohol.
· Previous restaurant/hospitality experience is required.
· Barback certifications and training are preferred.
· Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
· Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
· Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
· Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
· Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
• Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
• May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling and stooping
• Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
• Frequently lift/move up to 75 lbs