Textile Graphic Designer- Temporary
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
The Textile Graphic Designer works with Creative Design Team, R& D, Development/Engineering Teams and the Production Group to create proto type and/or graded artwork for Print, Embellishment and Knitted Designs.
***This role is full time hours, based completely onsite at our Irvine, California Corporate Headquarters
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for creating Concept and Grading layouts that are in line with Creative Design Intent, Seasonal color/Concept and Merchandising plan target prices
• Creates Embellishment design concepts & repeats using specific elements such as stones, mezzos, TFA, Gallus, Plotter, Flocking ,embroidery stitches/techniques , overprinting and heat transfers.
• Creates Knit Design concepts & repeats based on in-house knit machinery requirements and limitations
• Manipulates original print artwork in scale, color and layout.
• Creates print repeats and panel layouts for fabric mills of all adopted print concepts
• Changes and adjusts patterns/artwork to meet price point specifications for specific garments
• Keeps appropriate team members informed of necessary problems that arise with systems and networks
• Conducts research- consistent online and in store research on the latest trends; compile seasonal research report, actively participate and contribute in design discussion.
• Demonstrates aesthetic taste level in line with the St. John brand and artistic and creative understanding of St. John products.
• ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
• Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
• Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
• Adhere to local, state and federal laws
• Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
• Position has no supervisory responsibilities
• Ensures work flow and processes are to maximum efficiencies for business necessity
• Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Decision Making
• Embraces Change
• Time Management
• 3-5 years experience related experience
• Knowledge of pattern making, grading, graphic arts (Illustrator/Mac based), embellishment applications.
• Has knowledge of production machinery requirements, limitations, and timelines
• AA Degree in industry-related schooling
• Certification, training or relevant course work
• All PC/Mac applications, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and CAD programs
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift
• Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
• Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms