Freelance Senior Womenswear Designer
We are looking for a freelance senior womenswear designer to work on a 3-month contract for a full-time project in the Studio.
Research and Design
- Directly supporting the Creative Director in the creation of a Women’s Ready-To-Wear project.
- Researching new trends and developing creative proposals that are in line with the Brand’s strategy, translating these into products in line with the seasonal concept direction
- Design a seasonal womenswear collection according to the seasonal brief given by Creative Director.
- Respond creatively to projects in whichever medium appropriate, drape, collage, maquette mock up.
- A keen eye for details and attention to the functionality of the product
- Responsible for creating sketches, technical drawings of external and internal details and specifications.
- Committing to commercial constraints of the brand, responding to comments from the Sales and Merchandising teams.
- To ensure cost and commerciality is considered when designing
- Present in all fitting womenswear prototypes and samples for the project.
- Be able to work to a commercial Range Plan, collaborating with the Merchandising team on bestseller management, Essential product and seasonal newness
- Communicate, implement and manage information relating to design in a timely way to ensure smooth handover and achieve on-time delivery of proto and SMS collections.
- Support the Design and Development team to pass all relevant and appropriate information; clearly and concisely so they can communicate to the manufacturer or complete their own tasks.
- To clearly communicate designs to pattern cutters so they can effectively produce in house patterns and toiles. Advising priority based on design needs.
- Keeping all seasonal fabric to sketches updated at all times so that all teams can access relevant information at all times
- Responsible for meeting key design deadlines on time according to the critical path for the project.
- Ensure that the meetings required with the Creative Director are arranged in line with the collection needs.
- Work as part of a strong and dynamic team
Reporting to the Creative Director
Based in our London Studio
- 7-10 years of experience in Fashion Design with 3 full year of experience in Womenswear Design
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
• Excellent hand drawing skills
• Excellent knowledge of software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop;
• Fabric and material knowledge;
• Highly skilled in creative research and knowledge of trends and competitors;
• Creative, flexible, and determined team player, able to handle stress;
• Fluent in English; both written and verbal
• Degree and/or diploma in Fashion Design with excellent knowledge of History of Art, Costume and Fashion;
• Previous experience in luxury good companies.