Head of Development and Production
Based in London, Réalisation is seeking a highly experienced individual to lead technical development and global production across all categories. With the company experiencing ongoing growth, the role requires a process driven individual to implement new production procedures within the team, to ensure an efficient workflow and help expand and manage our supply chain and further our product mix by introducing new categories.
- Ability to collaborate closely with the design team and brings their concepts to life
- Setting and executing the development strategy and production plan of the company. Which include allocation of development and production factories locations based on expertise, price and capacity
- Overseeing and managing the technical product development process at every stage required until launch.
- Sourcing and onboarding suppliers, in line with the brand's aesthetic and values. (Must have a wide portfolio of China based mills and factories)
- Creating critical path to ensure timely deliveries
- Working closely with manufacturing to resolve quality issues.
- Oversee and drive both the sample and production fitting process
- Reviewing styles prior to bulk to resolve delivery and issues affecting development and production
- Establish QC specifications per product, establish in house requirements/checklist for the factories on processes to ensure product's quality is properly checked.
- Oversee return/repairs as needed. Responsible for managing credit/discounts for any late deliveries or faulty items
- Guiding and managing the production process and workload of the team, to ensure priorities of deadlines
- Liaison with design, sales and marketing to create go to market calendars that align with business expectations
- Liaison with manufacturers on material management, final production engineering, cost optimisation and price negotiation.
- Will be assisted by our Production and Technical developer whom you will oversee and manage in your role
- Must have expertise in fabric and construction of women's wear in a broad range of categories
- Expert in construction and technical design
- Excellent problem solving skills and time management
- 15 years industry experience with senior development and production role, leading a team
- An eye for design is very beneficial