The Business of Fashion is seeking a talented Data Operations Manager to own, manage and evolve our business critical pipelines and the data they produce. In supporting marketing, product and data strategies for growth, you will play a key role in the future success of our business.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology alongside a talented team, helping us establish our nascent data team and working practices, and to make your mark on a fast growing media business.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry and is an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It has been described as “The Economist of Fashion," “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and "The Industry Bible."
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students, and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We ensure all applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
You will own the management and evolution of our data pipeline (Fivetran, Snowplow Analytics, Snowflake, DBT, mParticle) - responsible for ETL and reverse ETL (Hightouch).
You will work with product and engineering to identify what pipelines are important to evolve, and together build process, tools, and technology to ensure that downstream consumers can trust our data.
You will work day-to-day alongside data engineers and data analysts, and in collaboration with multiple development teams, reporting into our CTO. You will also collaborate closely with core stakeholders across the business (primarily our Data/BI and Marketing functions).
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Assume responsibility for business critical pipelines
- Champion data quality, conducting monitoring and QA across data pipelines and integrations to ensure solutions are robust and the data provided is comprehensive and accurate
- Manage the storage and structure of our user data, adhering to all relevant legislation and governance principles (eg GDPR, PECR)
- Ensure repeatable, sustainable processes
- Collaborate with Data Engineers and Developers to deliver solutions at pace
- Prioritise work to adopt and ingest of newer data sets to continue to power the business as needs change
- Distil initiatives into units of work for developers and data engineers - covering Frontend/Backend Tracking ETL, reverse ETL, and data model evolution
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while driving projects to completion at pace
- Enable all business teams to leverage our platform for growth
- Understand and define the needs of downstream users of data to drive growth (for example providing insights via our Data team, or orchestrating action with our Marketing team, or enabling targeted features for users in our Product Team)
- Manage communication to ensure stakeholders are well informed about your projects
- Act as internal support for higher-level (non-engineering) uses of the data platform
Who You Are
You have a strong technical background and understand the tools and integrations which comprise an excellent data and marketing platform. You understand the technical pipeline & business capabilities required, and can demonstrate growth opportunities you have supported by ensuring accurate data to downstream internal teams driving growth.
You will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Experience writing complex SQL and data modeling
- A history of working with cloud-based data platforms
- Experience with advertising platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Working knowledge of BI Tools such as Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Worked with marketing platforms such as Salesforce, mParticle, ActiveCampaign, Braze or Hubspot etc.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- Our data engineers are evolving our data pipeline and delivering new capabilities reliably week after week
- Your work alongside your tech team, in collaboration and coordination with business teams, is delivering growth for BoF in the form of new, actionable insights or success of marketing strategies, or through targeted, engaging features for our users and community