Jing Culture & Commerce is the go-to source for the latest on strategies, technologies, and solutions in the cultural sphere—museum innovations in digital revenue generation, arts organizations’ experiments in engaging new audiences, agencies and destination marketing organizations (DMOs) leveraging new insights on visitor data, and more.
We are relaunching our cultural tourism vertical, Jing Travel, and are seeking an Editorial Associate to assist in these efforts. Our goal is to become the leading media publication focusing on helping those in the cultural tourism industry identify opportunities to capitalize on the rapidly growing and lucrative travel segment, the Chinese outbound traveler. We are looking for someone strategically minded with a background in travel, hospitality, and the China market.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor and aggregate weekly news on the Chinese cultural tourism industry
- Write weekly news summaries on relevant news on cultural travel
- Produce weekly newsletters for Jing Travel
- Post articles and other content to Jing Travel website via Wordpress
- Assist in social media outreach
Who you are:
- Excellent written English with web-based writing experience, and ability to read/conduct research in Chinese
- An interest in culture, destination, tourism, and China market
- Social-media savvy – experience with Chinese social media such as Sina Weibo and WeChat
- Available now with a minimum commitment of three months preferred
- Experience with a content management system (especially WordPress) a plus; basic html a plus