Director, Human Resource Business Partner - 59th Street, Soho
- New York, New York
- Closing date
- 31 Jan 2022
- Human Resources
- Director / President / C Suite
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) drives business results through talent, strategy, and execution. Collaborate closely with senior leaders to understand the needs of the business, identify gaps in all areas of talent, and leverage these insights to develop an effective, business-aligned workforce strategy. Your thought leadership is crucial in succession planning and advising on the development of high potentials and top talent. HRBPs are the culture carriers in our organization, driving consistency of Bloomingdale's Mission, Values, and Brand expressed through people, guaranteeing both an outstanding shopping experience for our upscale clientele, as well as an outstanding employment experience for our workforce. The HRBP has strong business acumen and consulting skills, an ability to balance analytics and intuition in decision-making, and a passion for growing talent.
- Identify talent needs, risks, and gaps. Facilitate and participate in Succession Planning/Talent Meetings, leading the process with consult from the Talent Development Center of Excellence. Ensure a rich bench of promotable and diverse candidates for timely advancement within and outside of the immediate business unit through close, constant communication with Vice Presidents and other senior leaders
- Develop key senior leaders with a strong ability to ensure fair, urgent follow-up on behaviors that jeopardize the brand, up to and including Performance & Conduct Management or termination
- Maintain a pulse on employee engagement through regular interaction and integration into the daily operations of their business unit, providing thought leadership to help drive retention
- Translate knowledge of the business unit and its strategic objectives into a workforce strategy, ensuring employees with the right capabilities are in the right place at the right cost
- Act as a structure strategist and business consultant on specific development opportunities, with an active role in hands-on, in-person implementation of strategies. Partner in acceleration of senior leader skill and competency development.
- Understand the local competitive talent pool - staff and executive - and act as a partner in determining long term strategies to ensure a robust and constant talent pipeline
- Close collaboration with senior leaders and Talent Acquisition as it relates to the posting, recruitment, offer, and onboarding process; ensure effective and thorough deployment of onboarding processes, leveraging economies of scale where possible. Be a thought partner with hard to fill roles, challenges within the business, compensation deficiencies, etc.
- Mentor, coach, and closely monitor our Executive Development Program to yield growth through strong execution and follow-up
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 3-5 years related experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert