Account Director, Communications
Rob Nowill, Managing Editor, Hypebeast: “A great deal of PR companies make grand statements about their own place within culture: by and large, they tend to be baseless. To me, what separates Raven is that they are not trying to 'get' the moment - they’re working with brands who are already defining it.”
Agency co-founders Yasmin Eady and Sophie Jewes, formerly senior management at Starworks London, launched new venture Raven in the summer of 2019. We specialise in full-service, integrated Communications and Talent and Influencer Marketing.
Genuine passion for creativity, and an ardent commitment to driving results, powers our work. We’re image consultants, and so as publicists, we think like editors. We believe in the primacy of brilliant communications talent - we’re much more than just executors of somebody else's vision; we’re ideas people, and we work with partners who celebrate that. Our team are forthright, funny and completely obsessed with contemporary culture in ways which leads them to unlock our clients’ potential to define the ‘now.’
At Raven we uniquely protect, incubate and advance young talent. We embrace change: the proximity we have to pioneers and true fashion revolutionaries has afforded us that. Much of what makes us special is our passion for finding, extrapolating and accelerating narratives - the word ‘storytelling’ is horribly overused, but there’s no better one to define our practise. We’re believers in the seduction of language; it’s the beating heart of what we do. Whatever we do: we do it with personality and intuition.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a passionate, experienced and creative Account Director to join our growing team and support in leading our Communications division - working across a varied selection of fashion and beauty clients, ranging from the industry’s most talked-about upcoming designers to a number of the biggest luxury retailers, beauty entities and sportswear brands in the world. We’re looking for someone who demonstrably understands what our agency ‘means’, and is passionate about acting as a visible ambassador for Raven and for our clients.
Working within our Communications team, you’ll have a dedicated roster of clients but will also be exposed to, and gain experience across, the dynamic work our Talent Marketing team deliver around events, celebrity strategy, experiential gifting and all things ‘people.’. We’re looking for someone hungry, knowledgeable and connected; someone tangibly excited to deliver incredible work.
Raven is pleased to offer a flexible working blend, the team comes together in our Central London office to collaborate as needed (with all safety considerations, of course), as well as giving individuals the time to work from home. We also offer a comprehensive set of benefits including income protection, life assurance and private medical options.
- Vibrant leadership of communication strategies for a dedicated roster of clients: retailers, beauty brands, independent designers and sportswear labels, as well as a year-round programme of special projects
- Working alongside the wider Raven team to maximise any, and all, opportunities to generate stand-out coverage and expertly service the editorial community
- Inspiring, nurturing team management
- Contribution to agency new business - demonstrating an understanding of a Communications pipeline and participation in commercial conversations around department growth
- Forming and maintaining of meaningful, genuine industry relationships with contacts both traditional and ‘outside the box’ - and leveraging your network in meaningful ways to benefit the agency
- Adopting a true partnership mindset, and taking impeccable care of our partners and wider community
- Playing a pivotal role in Raven’s events processes and fashion week happenings (both virtual and physical). Within the ever-changing landscape of digital eventing and collection releases: you’ll work as a key organisational leader as our clients execute projects in the virtual space. This means impeccable timeline management and constant idea contribution to new, innovative ways of working
- A distinct sensibility in dealings with clients and industry: we conduct our business with a convincing, carefully-struck balance of formality and ease; a distinctly ‘Raven’ flair!
- Impressive written communication skills, from emails through to press releases and proposals - the way in which we write is our currency
- Innate understanding of the media agenda, and the ability to utilise that understanding to drive results
- A team player with a positive, flexible, can-do attitude and good sense of humour - we thrive on being a team who can collaborate and work together even at the busiest of times
- Visible passion for forging relationships amongst your industry peer group, and for consistently bringing opportunities to the agency and to our clients
- Constant contribution to idea generation: bringing your inevitable natural ability as a digital native to the table across daily agency discussions and ultimately, bringing new digitally-driven ideas to our clients
- Immaculate attention to detail; Proven experience in prioritising tasks and maintaining workloads
- Good analytical skills; comfortable using Excel, Word & Powerpoint; Keynote; Google Drive and all its features
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment - as well as intuitive understanding of when and where to create space for pause, and creative thought
- Passionate interest in culture - not only contemporary and luxury fashion, but also art, design, music, entertainment, and societal commentary
- Raven welcomes and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds