Social Media Executive
- London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 23 Dec 2021
- PR & Communications
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Social Media Executive at PURPLE London office assists with the management and execution of
the PURPLE social channels in partnership with the NY office social media team. This role also takes
responsibility for content management on the PURPLE website working closely with the Associate
Director, Digital, and the web developers to implement site changes and optimise site performance.
The role is intrinsic in supporting the digital, fashion and beauty teams on new business pitching to
secure new digital clients, which is an ongoing focus for the business. The role will also be required to
work across various client accounts when a digital element is needed as part of the communications
plan. The ideal candidate should be proactive, solutions-orientated, adaptable to change, strategic,
data-driven, technologically savvy and have an expansive knowledge of and interest in the ever changing
marketing and social media landscape. Candidate will also have a strong eye for compelling
creative and trends.
• Day-to-day planning and execution across all PURPLE social media platforms.
• Ongoing social community management for PURPLE social media platforms.
• Calendar planning and ideation for PURPLE social media platforms and content creation /
sourcing / briefing to support agreed plans.
• Ongoing reporting and analysis for PURPLE socials to drive community growth and
• Contributing digital strategies and creative ideas to new business pitch decks.
• Supporting on digital client work including strategy and planning, social media community
management, influencer outreach initiatives, and analytics reporting.
• Support account leads and help develop and manage initiatives in the digital space, including:
strategy, planning & implementation of press launches, collaborations and events.
• Identify and track emerging trends, initiatives, and vendors in the digital space and develop
relevant client applications.
• Experience with running paid social campaigns on Instagram/Facebook would be an asset.
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, PR/Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related
field is preferred.
• 1 – 2 years of digital and social media marketing experience with established agency or
similar role with in-house marketing department.
• Extensive knowledge of social media landscape including new and innovative tools,
platforms, vendors, and technologies.
• Knowledge of graphic design and photo/video editing software.
• Experience with Iconosquare, Google Analytics and Influencer Analytics software.
• Familiarity with SEO, monitoring tools and web traffic metrics.
• A multitasker who enjoys working in a fast-paced agency environment and able to deliver
work of a high standard to deadline.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Team player who thrives on collaboration. Has ability and desire to interact with people at
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Confident and driven.
• Entrepreneurial mind-set.
Purple is an internationally renowned Public Relations Agency with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles Miami and Hong Kong providing communications, creative and digital strategies to leading global brands and the next generation of groundbreaking talent within the fashion, music, beauty, lifestyle and luxury goods industries. We align business ambition and cultural energy for commercial success.
The strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset. Purple’s services cover press relations, print and online editorial procurement, product placement, high profile event management and innovative creative and digital strategies.
Purple offers a wealth of experience and expertise across a broad range of sectors which is used to great effect to leverage clients’ communications. We have an unrivalled network of influencers worldwide, which along with our unique and individual skill set enables us to achieve global success with each communications campaign.
27-29 Glasshouse Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert