steven ma is a London-based luxury leather accessories brand specialising in footwear and handbags. Founded by Steven Ma, a graduate of Parsons School of Design, the brand launched to critical acclaim in September 2021. Already featured in major publications such as Business of Fashion, AnOther Mag and Vogue Italia, steven ma has attracted the attention of fashion insiders and key stockists.
Our team is now expanding and we are now looking for an Operations Assistant to join our team. The role will be to support the Studio Manager and the Creative Director in their duties and perform day-to-day activities of the business. This would be an ideal role for someone keen to work in the fashion industry and/or with an interest in Operations (logistics, office management, executive support). As a growing company, there will be opportunities to grow the role and move into other responsibilities.
- Receiving and checking deliveries.
- Looking after the press and salesman samples.
- Packing shipments and booking couriers. Delivering occasional packages by hand.
- Creating import and export paperwork where needed.
- Tracking key shipments and raising potential issues in a timely manner.
- Liaising with our warehouse in Italy.
- Raising claims with couriers or warehouses as is necessary and following up until their conclusion.
- Generating barcodes, SKUs and compiling product information.
- Uploading and maintaining product information for our e-commence and helping to maintain website.
- Assist with customer enquiries and orders.
- General admin tasks such as filing, updating databases and checking invoices.
- Supporting the team during events and photoshoots.
- Personal assistant tasks such as managing diaries, booking meetings, picking up lunch and occasional errands.
- Other tasks as may be required to support the Creative Director and the Studio Manager in their duties.
The Ideal Candidate
- A university degree in Supply Chain, Management, Business Studies, Fashion or relevant work experience/internships.
- Fluent in English, additional Italian or Mandarin skills an advantage.
- Proficient in Excel/Powerpoint/Word or Google equivalents. Adobe Creative Suite proficiency an advantage. Please provide a link to a portfolio if Adobe CS skills are indicated on your application.
- Highly organised and enjoys working on prescriptive tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and proactive worker.
- Excellent at communicating over email and phone.
- A full driving license is an advantage.
- You must be comfortable around dogs.
- Due to the nature of our industry, you will be in contact with people who are required to travel – we will be prioritising candidates who are able to confirm they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Flexibility, comfort with working in a start-up environment – your range of work will be broad and there will be many one-off tasks.
Details and Benefits
- The candidate should already have an unrestricted right to work in the UK. The company is unable to sponsor work visas for any candidates.
- Please let us know if you are eligible for a Kickstart placement.
- This role is a mix of remote and on location duties. You will need to be based in London.
- This is a full time role, with your main hours of work between 11am and 6pm, with some earlier starts and later finishes. There are occasional extended work days.
- Whilst the job does have many desk based tasks, there is a significant part of the role which requires physical work, please ensure this is considered when applying.