VP of growth
Finematter is a VC-backed tech start-up, on a mission to digitalize the EUR 300bn+ jewellery market, one of the last remaining analog industries in the global retail landscape.
As a marketplace, our ambition is twofold;
- Create the leading online destination for fine jewellery. We want to redefine the category as we know it, and transform the way people think about and buy jewellery - taking jewellery from consumption good to investment asset
- Help creative entrepreneurs in the jewellery industry scale beyond one store. We want to build the new operating system for the entire industry, and solve the most complex challenges for maker-CEOs, from certification and inventory management to pricing and raw material cost hedging.
The scale of the opportunity is enormous. People have bought and traded in jewellery since the beginning of time, and in most cultures, people’s most significant life events are celebrated and eternalized with jewellery. The global jewellery market is valued at more than EUR 300bn, and we’re building a modular end-to-end technology platform to connect makers with buyers all across the globe and change the way this market operates today.
With offices in London and Copenhagen, Finematter has its roots in Scandinavian design with a global outlook. We’re currently a team of 12 experienced people with backgrounds in the jewellery and fashion industry, as well as successful startups and companies (Just Eat, Amazon, Burberry, Pandora, McKinsey, Thread.com, etc).
Finematter is backed by some of Europe’s leading VC funds and investors, including Heartcore Capital, and includes influencer & taste-maker Pernille Teisbæk as a Creative Advisor.
Finematter is looking for an experienced leader to come on board as the first hire on growth. Together with our founders, Finematter’s CTO and VP partnerships, you will form part of the executive management team of the company, and will get the opportunity to design, build and grow our company’s growth function, from the very early stages and into a large global business.
We are looking for a seasoned performance marketing executive with experience driving growth for leading consumer businesses. You’ve got 6+ years experience, have likely worked for digitally-native B2C brands for your entire career. You recognize the opportunity to come in and apply the learnings you’ve made over a successful career working for others, to build your own growth team, in the ‘right way’ from the beginning. You enjoy the psycho-analytical aspect of marketing, understanding what makes consumers ‘tick’, and how to design growth systems that draw people in. You are excited at the prospect of owning the end-to-end customer journey, from initial prospecting and traffic acquisition all the way through to relationship-nurturing. You have a ‘part-science / part-art’ mindset, and believe in a rigorous, systematic and data-driven approach to growth, while being passionate about creative brand building.
Leading our growth function will involve many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with the ambition to change the way people think about and buy jewellery. We’re a media house, with in-house content-production and copywriting functions, with the ambition to be the authority and go-to source for all things jewelry. And we’re a tech-business, with the goal of developing digital products and shopping experiences that have the potential to redefine the jewellery category. Our new VP of growth will be excited at the prospect of tying these dimensions together to create growth systems that involve both paid, organic and product-led user acquisition, for a distinctive user experience.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Define Finematter’s growth strategy - you will be a part of the core management team of the company
- Own the company’s core trading metrics - traffic, conversion, retention - and oversee daily delivery and performance
- Design, implement, test and refine Finematter’s growth levers, incl. organic and paid social, content marketing & SEO, and product-led levers
- Lead performance analytics and develop insights to inform the daily trading tactics just as well as the overall strategy of the company overall
- Work closely with the product & tech team to ensure smooth end-to-end customer journeys
- Work closely with PR to amplify the share of voice and buzz around Finematter as a brand
- Define the roles of the future growth team, recruit and lead that team