Please note this is a London, UK, based traineeship and so applicants must be able to commute to our East London office.
Reports to: Production Manager
Job Purpose: To assist the Production Department in ensuring garments are delivered on time, with good quality, and at the target margin.
What we are looking for:
- As directed by Production Manager, ordering all trims required for bulk production in a timely manner.
- Ordering recurring season stock for packaging and labelling and maintaining an accurate stocktake- ie: swing tags/ brand labels/ size pips/ cardboard boxes. To be done on ERP where possible.
- Checking off raw materials deliveries to delivery notes when they arrive to the studio. Book in delivery notes into ERP purchase orders. File hard copies. Raise any discrepancies with the vendor, making Production Manager aware. Amend RM tracker spreadsheet.
- Under instruction from the Production Manager, dispatch all raw materials and packaging/ labelling from studio to factories, in coherence with planned Critical Path and calendar dates.
- Using ERP, create dispatch notes for each raw material shipment to factory, keeping a record of all raw materials and packaging sent. Emailing to factories with tracking details and delivery notes.
- Creating fabric reference books for factories each season with the Production Expensed Intern.
- Accurate stocktaking of trims and packaging both in house and at factories using ERP. Return to JWA as required.
- Create barcodes for leftover fabric going to the warehouse to be stored, as instructed by Production Manager
- With volunteer, ensuring barcode stickers are emailed or printed and sent out to all factories.
- Request from vendors all animal information for raw materials. Add information to care label master sheet (for RTW) and send to Sales and E-Commerce team at the beginning of each season.
- Update any BOMs which need amending after the Production/PD handover at the beginning of each season – log any price or article changes and notify Production Manager. Notify Production and Technical team via email of any changes made.
- Print, check and code all trims invoices, log in the Invoice Log and ERP and hand to Production Manager for approval. Flag any urgent proformas.
- Collect PP packages.
- Measuring shipment samples.
- Organizing for approved shipment samples to go to Warehouse once a week.
BOOKING IN OF FINISHED GOODS AT THE WAREHOUSE:
- Receive bulk goods delivery notes from Logistics Manager. Using delivery notes to create Advance Shipping Notes (ASN) in ERP for all shipments.
- Emailing the Warehouse and Logistics teams responsible with all delivery notes, tracking details and relevant ASN numbers for shipments on the way to them at the end of each working day.
- Checking quantities received into warehouse match the delivery note from the factory/ quantity on the ASN. Feed back to factories if there are any discrepancies, highlight to PM. Record any short shipments in ERP. Force close dockets.
- Updating Critical Path with shipments in transit and received at the warehouse each day.
- Preparing courier shipments and organizing courier collections. Completing all shipping paperwork.
- Creating UPS ad DHL labels online.
- Keep up to date trackers of all Production courier expenses.
- Collecting all packages from reception when notified of delivery.
- Ensuring all emails from factories and suppliers are replied to within a 24 hour period.
- Help keeping the Production area and supplies organized and clearly labelled.
- Factory and supplier visits where necessary.
Skills and Experience needed:
- Previous internship experience in a similar role and department.
- Experience working with a CMT womenswear & menswear brand would be a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate confidence and assertiveness when communicating technical requirements, both internally and externally
- Ability to multitask, maintain focus and ensure accuracy and attention to detail at all times.
- Proactive and enjoys problem solving.
- Dedicated and hard working.
- An interest, enthusiasm and passion for fashion.