Experiential Coordinator - Entry-Level
About Informa Markets
We organize over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business. We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows and digital events such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, and SOURCING at MAGIC. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic opportunities will translate into stronger events for buyers and sellers and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised experiences, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Must have the ability to work domestically in the US.
What we’re looking for:
Under the direction and tutelage of the VP, Experience & Education, lead onsite and digital activations, attendee and exhibitor experiences programs, and drive industry partnerships and sponsorship revenue.
Role Accountability and Duties:
Partnering with the VP, Experience & Education, lead on-site and digital engagement initiatives this entry-level role will:
- Help create and implement special events, show initiatives, and VIP programs
- Help develop and organize seminar sessions both onsite and digitally
- From inception through delivery, help execute digital and onsite influencer programs and social media hubs on the show floor in conjunction with the Marketing team
- Assist in executing partnership programs with key industry associations, educational institutions, and other influencer organizations
- Assist in developing a conference schedule that offers attendees current and comprehensive education in the construction industry.
- Determine and confirm speakers, topics, titles, content and bios.
- Work in conjunction with marketing team to ensure alignment in delivery of the event marketing strategy
- Partners with Event Directors and Brand team to develop ideas based on vertical needs and trends
- Work with marketing team to create initiatives in line with marketing strategy and show objectives
- Collaborate with the sales team and work directly with fashion brands to solicit industry content (trends, product images, etc.)
- Assist in developing and managing production of on-site collateral and giveaways, e.g., directories, swag bags, show bags
- Liaise with PR to ensure content and show happenings are amplified via third party, media lists; assist with message amplification via social media and blogging activities
- Attend regular meetings with Community and Conference Content Managers and the event teams to ensure event objectives are supported and all event deadlines are met
- Ability to learn how to manage budgets for activations and experiences for individual live and digital
- Coordinate pre-show service orders and manage all on-site conference activities, including temporary personnel, speaker coordination, fulfillment of a/v, catering orders, etc.
- Track industry trends and issues to identify current, new, and alternative growth areas that can be captured for educational programming.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, fashion, or related field.
- 0-3 years of experience in Fashion sales, events, or marketing.
- Experience with strategic planning, special events, digital advertising, social media.
- Must be analytical with the ability to learn how to manage budgets, translate ideas into projects from concept into execution using hands-on capabilities.
- Ability to communicate quantified results of launched initiatives. In addition, must have strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
Other Preferred Attributes:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with multiple teams and take direction from multiple individuals and outside partners.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated creative talents as well as the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time with attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate work with outside vendors.
- Experience in marketing for trade shows and in special events production.
- Experience in producing digital or virtual events or programs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft products and PowerPoint and skilled in standard Adobe Acrobat as well as other design tools such as: CANVA, InDesign, Photoshop, etc
- Ability to travel, as needed up to 10% of the time.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.