Public Relations Manager
MA®KET is seeking a passionate Public Relations Manager to lead the public relations function across internal and external communication. The Public Relations Manager will be responsible for driving and executing all media strategy and endeavors that will drive press and brand awareness.
Collaboration is key differentiator of MA®KET, so this person must be a great collaborator and strategy thinker. They will be responsible for ideating and leading the team on impactful PR campaigns that will elevate and drive the story of MA®KET. Working directly with team leadership, this person will determine the overall press strategy and find the channels and partners to meet business objectives.
This candidate must be passionate about the fashion and consumer goods industry and must understand media and the zeitgeist. Candidate must have relationships with fashion editors, fashion magazines, digital websites and deep knowledge of social media and pop culture.
- Lead all media outreach interfacing directly with editors of fashion magazines, digital websites, and influencers on all stories related to MA®KET managing the process from pitch to execution
- Draft press releases where necessary and part of overall media strategy and pitch directly to fashion, business, and cultural media
- Determine what stories and media opportunities will keep MA®KET fresh, interesting, and exciting in a noisy media environment
- Work directly with MA®KET senior leadership on media cadence that ladders up to overall business objectives, campaign launches, and additional major moments
- Maintain deep understanding fashion, media, and social trends that will impact MA®KET’s brand and develop plans to capitalize on those trends
- Collaborate with Marketing / Social team leads on direct communication with MA®KET’s community (Discord, Instagram, etc.)
- Organize and track media resources and market resource publications including monitoring response to stories
- Manage CEO media interviews and other public media appearances inclusive of logistics, messaging prep, and briefing materials
- Provide insight and strategies with dealing with difficult issues publicly
***Note: Cover letter is NOT required for application***
- Minimum 4-6 years with fashion public relations experience
- Strategic leader capable of driving cross-functional thinking and executing against strategic roadmaps
- Collaborator who isn’t content maintaining status quo, but is willing to lean into a growth stage company with a scrappy, proactive, and resourceful mindset
- Excellent written and communication skills developing written materials including reports, communications plans, statements, press releases, fact sheets, FAQs, and other supporting material
- Must have a record of successfully managing and placing stories with fashion, cultural, and streetwear media
Founded in 2016 by our Creative Director, Mike Cherman, MA®KET is a boundary-pushing, inclusive and accessible streetwear brand. Our mission is to remove the barriers between fan and brand and deliver nostalgic, happy and free flowing content and product. Based in Los Angeles, our team is 50+ members strong and is made up of innovative and dynamic people who are obsessed with doing things differently. We love to collaborate with everyone from the Grateful Dead to Mike Tyson to Lacoste and beyond. We are rapidly expanding our brand and team, while keeping DIY, fashion, content and our community at the heart of everything we do.
MA®KET is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.