Manager, Material Production, RTW
- Tory Burch
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 28 Feb 2022
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Responsible for bulk fabric merchandising/procurement for fabric/leather categories.
- Create, manage and drive the calendar TNA for bulk fabric andon-time delivery.
- Responsible for bulk fabric price and lead time negotiations.
- Proactively monitor and meet calendar deadlines for approvals and mill execution
- Handle bulk approvals, monitor testing & inspection in an effective and timely manner.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and fabric supplier/vendors for any bulk quality issue
- Maintain good filing and record system for all bulk quality
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Textile or related subject
- Minimum 8-10 years experience in a fabric purchasing or fabric production management role.
- Solid experience for fabric purchasing/order management, able to work with different fabric mills from Asia and Europe
- Experience working with premium fabric (silk and wool) and designer brands is definitely an advantage.
- Good language skills in both English/Chinese/Mandarin
- Strong problem-solving skills are required
- Good understanding of fabric prices and lead times and the ability to negotiate strongly in these areas.
- Knowledge of fabric weaving/construction, fabric properties, dyeing and finishing process is a definite advantage.
- Pro-active, detail-oriented, well organized with good problem-solving skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact email@example.com .
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. Launched in February 2004, the collection includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, watches, home and beauty. There are more than 200 Tory Burch boutiques across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, and the brand is available at over 3,000 department and specialty stores worldwide and toryburch.com. In 2015, the Company introduced Tory Sport, a performance activewear collection that celebrates the elegance of sport. Inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances high-tech fabrics with classic design.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert