PRESS OFFICER for ISSEY MIYAKE
- Issey Miyake
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 20 Dec 2021
- PR & Communications
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Issey Miyake London Ltd is seeking to appoint a new PRESS OFFICER to join our UK Operations. Working closely with / reporting to the Brand Communications Manager, this is a rare chance for the right person to take ownership of Issey Miyake’s press activities, working closely with our teams in Paris and Tokyo. With all our operations managed in-house, this position provides an exceptional opportunity to enter into every aspect of a design led, and independent fashion company. You will work with all major design and fashion press and be a link to the many other activities undertaken by Issey Miyake globally. A love and deep understanding of our work, design concepts and Brands is of paramount importance. The position is based in our London office.
- Manage sample requests and logistics overseeing an intern in coordinating samples for editorial requests, achieving maximum print and digital coverage for all our brands
- Meet regularly with key press in the design and fashion spheres, building and leveraging relationships
- Maximize brand exposure and coverage across editorials, news and digital channels
- Supporting the online communications, EC team and direct customer communications
- Support wholesale, partner, digital and ecommerce requests when required
- Organize seasonal press days
- Oversee daily, weekly and monthly coverage reports.
- Liaising with internal departments and international offices daily
- You must be willing to travel to Paris and co-ordinate UK coverage of our shows, 4 times per annum minimum.
- To promote and protect all Issey Miyake brands within the UK
- University degree, preferably design or communications related
- Experience and previous exposure to fashion / design PR.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Team work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid Microsoft office skills
- A long-standing personal interest in design and luxury brands
- Show and event co-ordination experience within a relevant field
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – with a strong need to convey our message clearly and succinctly to a wide range of audiences
Established by founder Issey Miyake, the MIYAKE DESIGN STUDIO was established in Japan in 1970. The enduring philosophy is to create new products through the power of human imagination in order to bring people joy and comfort in their daily lives.
33 Brook Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert