PRESS OFFICER for ISSEY MIYAKE
Issey Miyake London Ltd is seeking to appoint a new PRESS OFFICER to join our UK Operations. Working closely with / reporting to the Brand Communications Manager, this is a rare chance for the right person to take ownership of Issey Miyake’s press activities, working closely with our teams in Paris and Tokyo. With all our operations managed in-house, this position provides an exceptional opportunity to enter into every aspect of a design led, and independent fashion company. You will work with all major design and fashion press and be a link to the many other activities undertaken by Issey Miyake globally. A love and deep understanding of our work, design concepts and Brands is of paramount importance. The position is based in our London office.
- Manage sample requests and logistics overseeing an intern in coordinating samples for editorial requests, achieving maximum print and digital coverage for all our brands
- Meet regularly with key press in the design and fashion spheres, building and leveraging relationships
- Maximize brand exposure and coverage across editorials, news and digital channels
- Supporting the online communications, EC team and direct customer communications
- Support wholesale, partner, digital and ecommerce requests when required
- Organize seasonal press days
- Oversee daily, weekly and monthly coverage reports.
- Liaising with internal departments and international offices daily
- You must be willing to travel to Paris and co-ordinate UK coverage of our shows, 4 times per annum minimum.
- To promote and protect all Issey Miyake brands within the UK
- University degree, preferably design or communications related
- Experience and previous exposure to fashion / design PR.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Team work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid Microsoft office skills
- A long-standing personal interest in design and luxury brands
- Show and event co-ordination experience within a relevant field
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – with a strong need to convey our message clearly and succinctly to a wide range of audiences