Senior Business Development Manager, India (remote)
- Your job is to extend Shopify's reach and impact. Mutually beneficial deals with strategic ecosystem players are born out of your superpower
- You are looking for opportunities with large technology and channel players in the Indian e-commerce space. While you may understand agencies and SMBs in the ecosystem, you will focus on larger scale wins
- You understand the journey of entrepreneurship and e-commerce in India, and find ways to reduce friction in that journey for merchants
- You will be a bridge between our India and global teams, who support you with principles and best practices for your craft. You will surface where those principles need flexibility
- You will build compelling business cases that align with India and Shopify's goals. You will conduct business planning, use data to inform decisions, and follow through with impact and performance tracking
- You will work cross functionally and regionally, learning and contributing to the Shopify APAC knowledge pool
- You have 6-10 years in the E-commerce / Internet industry, management consulting and have a strong understanding of India e-commerce ecosystems. That means payment systems, logistics, key apps, and channels relevant to India
- You understand how to get things done with large companies, navigating complex orgs. You have successfully originated and executed growth-centric deals with these entities before
- You have demonstrated strong stakeholder management skills in key projects across internal functions and with external partners and possess the ability to work with a diverse set of people.
- You have an MBA from a tier 1 University or equivalent qualifications
- You are highly fluent in English, fluency in a second relevant language is a plus
- You have experience working for a global company and are excellent in executing across time zones and cultures
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig deep into complex problems.
- You have an entrepreneurial mind; if you've started a business of your own before, that would be great.
- You believe in leading by influence, not authority.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
How we hire
At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you.
Learn more about our hiring process