Product Development Internship – Woven & Jersey
Are you eager to join a team where you’ll get to work in a critical function that has a direct impact on the success of our upcoming collections? As our Product Development Intern you’ll assist our Product Development team in the complete development and production process, from start to finish.
GAUGE81 is a young fast-growing fashion start-up based on the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam. Through the use of striking angles and playful proportions, GAUGE81 (pronounced GO-SH eighty-one) blurs the line between evening and casual wear. Indisputably feminine, the brand is a study in contrast and retro references that are at once familiar and completely unexpected.
Our activities include everything from the design, sourcing and manufacturing of the collections as well as marketing and PR. Our clients include Net a Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Moda Operandi and Brown’s Fashion.
The intern will learn skills necessary to perform the following tasks:
- Participate in the complete development and production process - support of the planning and technical development process from prototypes to bulk production
- Communicating with suppliers worldwide on a daily basis regarding all development matters
- Assist in the preparation of tech packs for new collection - translating designs into full specification packages with accurate technical drawings, bill of materials, construction details and size specs
- Attend fitting sessions and working closely with the product developer on improvements all the way from prototyping until the bulk production stage
- Assist the product developer to update all tech packs with necessary comments
- Technical measuring of styles
- Assisting to create purchase orders for sampling
- Responsible for updating the collection boards & digital Linesheets
- Assisting the product developer to seasonally source trims, requesting all information such as price/leadtime/stock availability
- Assist with office inventory organization
What we are looking for:
- HBO Fashion student in the direction of Fashion Management or Fashion Design
- Has a particular passion or wants to learn about woven and jersey product groups in particular
- Enthusiastic, independent and able to use their initiative
- Detail orientated, time management skills
- Problem solver
- Expert in Excel
- Highly proficient in using Illustrator/ photoshop/ excel
- Highly proficient in English language (speaking and writing)
- Available to work full-time, 40 hours per week
- Available for 6 months
- Start in mid-Feb or beginning of March 2022
What we offer:
- An internship with a lot of responsibilities and the opportunity to develop yourself
- A dedicated, enthusiastic and young team
- A beautiful office in the heart of Amsterdam
- A monthly internship fee
Are you interested in a fun and educational internship?
Please send your English motivation letter and CV via the button below.