Office Management Internship
Are you eager to join a team where you’ll get to work in a critical function that has a direct impact on shaping our future growth and company culture?
GAUGE81 is a young fast-growing fashion start-up based on the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam. Through the use of striking angles and playful proportions, GAUGE81 (pronounced GO-SH eighty-one) blurs the line between evening and casual wear. Indisputably feminine, the brand is a study in contrast and retro references that are at once familiar and completely unexpected.
Our activities include everything from the design, sourcing and manufacturing of the collections as well as marketing and PR. Our clients include Net a Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Moda Operandi and Brown’s Fashion.
As our Office Management Intern, you are the hands-on centre point around which the office operations rotate, and therefore play a vital role in the happiness and engagement of our team. This is the perfect role to learn how a fast-growing startup within the fashion industry operates from the inside-out. You’ll be able to join many different projects and pick up on skills ranging from HR, marketing, operations, and even manufacturing.
As an intern you will perform the following tasks:
- Be the face of the office for our employees and guests
- Making the office look and feel great
- Manage office and kitchen supplies (including negotiating terms and contracts with suppliers)
- Support in HR activities, help create an awesome on-boarding experience for new employees
- Assist the founders, marketing, e-commerce, design and development team in their day-to-day activities
- Assist our E-commerce team in handling shipments and returns
- Be ready to take on any additional ad-hoc tasks
What we are looking for:
Our ideal intern has a positive attitude, hands-on mentality and has excellent executional and organizational skills. You also have a strong interest for the fashion industry and you have experience in a demanding environment where strong time management and keeping a clear overview is key. You love working in a team but you manage also perfectly on your own as you are independent and proactive.
- You’re currently in the 3rd or 4th year of your MBO/HBO level/Bachelors studies
- You’re enthusiastic, independent and highly organized
- You’re a natural problem-solver
- You live in the greater Amsterdam area and are available from beginning or mid-February for a period of 6 months
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You know your way around Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote and Excel
What we offer:
- An internship with a lot of responsibilities and the opportunity to develop yourself
- A challenging position for 40 hours a week
- A small, enthusiastic and young team
- A beautiful office in the heart of Amsterdam
Are you interested in a fun and educational internship?
Send your English CV and motivation letter via the button below.