Graphic Design Internship
GAUGE81 is a young fast-growing fashion start-up based on the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam. Through the use of striking angles and playful proportions, GAUGE81 (pronounced GO-SH eighty-one) blurs the line between evening and casual wear. Indisputably feminine, the brand is a study in contrast and retro references that are at once familiar and completely unexpected.
Our activities include everything from the design, sourcing and manufacturing of the collections as well as marketing and PR. Our clients include Net a Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Moda Operandi and Brown’s Fashion.
As an intern you will perform the following tasks:
- Make product imagery for our website
- Create sales presentations / look books
- Create and update imagery for internal and external online/offline media
- Update the website
- Create mailings
- Update socials
- Support the team by organizing photo-shoots
- Set up a TikTok & Pinterest account and actively manage the content on these accounts
- Be ready to support the other teams by taking on any ad-hoc tasks
What we are looking for:
As Graphic Design Intern at Gauge81, you are part of our Social Media team and will be involved in various marketing and sales projects. You’ll be busy creating online and offline output. Our ideal intern has a positive attitude, hands-on mentality and has excellent executional and organizational skills. You also have a strong interest for the fashion industry and you have experience in a demanding environment where strong time management and keeping a clear overview is key. You love working in a team but you manage also perfectly on your own as you are independent and proactive.
- You’re currently in the 3rd or 4th year of your MBO/HBO level/Bachelors studies in the direction of Graphic Design
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Cloud Applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Passionate about fashion, designing & creating
- Thorough understanding of current trends in typography, color and graphic design
- Flexible, enthusiastic & able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- You’re enthusiastic, independent and highly organized
- You live in the greater Amsterdam area and are available from beginning or mid-January for a period of 6 months
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro / Video editing
What we offer:
- An internship with a lot of responsibilities and the opportunity to develop yourself
- A challenging position for 40 hours a week
- A small, enthusiastic and young team
- A beautiful office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The internship is paid
Are you interested in a fun and educational internship? Send your English CV and motivation letter via the button below.