- Amsterdam (Gemeente), Noord-Holland (NL)
- Closing date
- 28 Dec 2021
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Contract Type
- Full Time
GAUGE81 is a young fast-growing fashion start up based on the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam.Our activities include everything from the design, sourcing and manufacturing of the collections as well marketing and PR. Our collection launched on Net-a-Porter, SSense, Shopbop, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Moda Operandi, Browns Fashion, Harrods, Selfridges and Revolve.com, among others.
The intern will learn skills necessary to perform the following tasks:
- Collection research and sketching
- Draping silhouettes and volumes on the mannequin
- Preparing and adjusting patterns
- Prototyping and assisting on fittings
- Generally supporting the Design team with all relevant tasks
- Working closely together with Development and Production teams to bring a beautiful collection to life
Technical knowledge required:
- You have good basic knowledge of draping, sewing and pattern making.
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Apple Keynote
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Teams, Excel)
- Not required, but nice extras: digital 3D programmes and/or pattern making programmes
- You are enthusiastic about design and atelier work
- You have a passionate spirit for fashion and craftsmaship
- You are detail oriented and have a sharp eye for silhouette, colour and concept development
- You are a strong team player with a sense of curiosity and artistic sensibility
What we offer:
- Together with your teammates, you will oversee the complete development of designs, from sketch to final sample.
- You will sharpen your knowledge and skills in draping, pattern making and sewing.
- You will be working in an inspiring and always active atmosphere.
- You’ll be part of a young and diverse team.
- A lovely office in central Amsterdam and everything the city has to offer
- A monthly internship fee
Are you interested in a fun and educational internship?
Please send your English motivation letter and CV via the button below.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert