Buying & Production Internship
Are you eager to join a team where you’ll get to work in a critical function that has a direct impact on the success of our upcoming collections? As our Buying & Production Intern you’ll assist our Buying Manager in the complete buying and production process, from start to finish.
GAUGE81 is a young fast-growing fashion start-up based on the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam. Through the use of striking angles and playful proportions, GAUGE81 (pronounced GO-SH eighty-one) blurs the line between evening and casual wear. Indisputably feminine, the brand is a study in contrast and retro references that are at once familiar and completely unexpected.
Our activities include everything from the design, sourcing and manufacturing of the collections as well as marketing and PR. Our clients include Net a Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Moda Operandi and Brown’s Fashion.
The intern will learn skills necessary to perform the following tasks:
- Attend sourcing meetings and work closely with the design and development team to make sure sampling buying orders are placed.
- Assist in preparation of placing the buying orders for production and help to send out all orders to the suppliers.
- Help the buying team to ensure fabrics, linings and trims are all shipped to the correct factories in order for them to produce garments.
- Communicating with suppliers worldwide on a daily basis regarding all production related matters.
- Attend fitting sessions and working closely with the product developer on improvements all the way from sms till finished production.
- Assist the product developer to update all tech packs with necessary comments.
- Technical measuring of styles.
What we are looking for:
- HBO Fashion student in the direction of Fashion Management
- Enthusiastic, independent and able to use their initiative
- Detail orientated, time management skills
- Problem solver
- Expert in Excel
- Expert in using Illustrator/ photoshop/ excel
- Highly proficient in English language (speaking and writing)
- Available for 6 months
- Start in mid-January or the beginning of February
What we offer:
- An internship with a lot of responsibilities and the opportunity to develop yourself
- A dedicated, enthusiastic and young team
- A beautiful office in the heart of Amsterdam
- A monthly internship fee
Are you interested in a fun and educational internship?
Please send your English motivation letter and CV via the button below.