Social Media Coordinator
Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion trade events, including MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, and SOURCING at MAGIC. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic events will translate into stronger events for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to deliver superbly merchandised marketplaces, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, Informa Markets Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas, Japan, as well as emerging regional markets domestically. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
About the Role:
The Social Media Coordinator is a creative, highly motivated, and fashion-driven individual who has a strong editorial sense for short-form storytelling & visual communication that resonates with B2B audiences across social channels including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. The candidate will support the execution of social media strategy(s), program(s), and campaigns aimed to inspire audience engagement, grow followers, generate brand awareness, activate communities, increase event retailer attendance, and ultimately drive revenue for Informa Markets Fashion’s portfolio of live + digital B2B events (COTERIE, MAGIC, PROJECT, and SOURCING at MAGIC)
Reporting to the Director of Content & Community, the Social Media Coordinator role is key in supporting the development, management, production, delivery, distribution, and promotion of insights-driven organic social media campaigns that will support Hero Brand positioning and promote various events, fashion merchandise categories, retailers and brands, industry personalities, seasonal trends, and brand marketing initiatives across various social platforms. In addition, the role will involve collaborating with the Director of Content & Community and external social media agency(s) to visually present and optimize existing topical editorial content, insights content, and culturally relevant themes to audiences across various channels. This role will also ensure sponsor commitments are fulfilled.
The focus will vary daily -- from taking part in and supporting strategic planning, to monthly editorial calendar management, monitoring inbound comments and direct messages on social media channels, reporting on channel and campaign performance, incorporating/coordinating with influencers, attending events and covering them on our social media channels, project management and budget tracking, and other administrative responsibilities as necessary.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- On-going, end-to-end coordination and execution of social media initiatives, projects, campaigns, and sponsor integrations including optimizing content and promotions for Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn in collaboration with Director of Content & Community and external agency(s)
- Assist with planning, pacing, management, execution, delivery, distribution, analysis, and reporting of all social media marketing initiatives and campaigns, both online and offline
- Assist with the creation of project and content briefs, RFPs, and other briefing documents; heavily involved in briefing process with contractors and external agency(s)
- Work with internal creative team, brand teams, external agencies and contractors on day-to-day development and delivery of social media promotional assets and deliverables for social media distribution purposes ensuring brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, and terminology; own delivery within calendar deadlines.
- Contribute to the writing of creative, impactful, conversion-optimized copy for all social media distribution and promotional purposes, for a variety of platforms and channels; work with cross functional teams (agencies & copywriters) to optimize social media captions when needed.
- Actively contribute creative ideas for new social media initiatives based on audience insights, channel performance, current trends and understanding of marketing and business objectives.
- Provide onsite social media coverage support and management during shows and events; live streams, video/photo capture and posting.
- Reporting and analysis: Ensure tracking and reporting on social media channel performance is delivered on schedule; report creation
- Support with the execution and delivery of sponsor packages sold by sponsorship and business development teams.
- Support Director of Content & Community to ensure that projects stay on schedule and on budget
- Stay current on social media trends and emerging tools & features across social platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Create briefing documents and distribute information around social media initiatives that may be relevant assets for brand and retail facing marketing campaigns
- Provide budgetary support including billing, coding of invoices, reconciliation, and tracking
- Support Director, Content & Community on execution of additional/other initiatives and projects as needed
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 2+ years proven work experience within the social media and marketing space
- Passionate about social media and an active user of social media platforms
- Proficient in Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook platform tools and management
- Interest in fashion and retail industries, fashion experience and understanding of the industry is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Photo & video, content creation skills with an eye for detail
- Experience in building, creating, and executing social marketing campaigns and building community engagement
- Critical thinker with developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and create reports used to provide insight to key stakeholders
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Experience using Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce a plus.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to take projects and run with them
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated and adapts to changing situations and requirements
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.