Head of Product Marketing
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want to be. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for a Head of Product Marketing to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond by being the conduit between Sweaty Betty and our consumers to define, storify and iconize our products and collections to the world.
Reporting into our Chief Brand Officer and working closely with our Marketing, Product, Buying, Planning and Commercial teams, you’re an inspiring leader and builder of product marketing teams, strategy, processes and outputs that support the end-to-end delivery of all commercialization, content, education and go-to-market functions.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
- Product Marketing Architect: lead and inspire teams, author and evangelize product marketing strategy, special projects and vision, to establish Sweaty Betty in the hearts and minds of global communities
- Commercial Leader: lead and build the commercial marketing strategy to deliver against corporate objectives across seasons and initiatives, including positioning and strategic foundations for product marketing, collection and category growth
- Product Messaging: build strategies to systemize on-product messaging and own the process and delivery for all product messaging, hierarchy and copy development across product marketing channels (inc. product / colour / feature naming, hang tags, labelling, key product claims and intellectual property)
- Content Creator: lead the brief, development and delivery of content that supports product development and Go-To-Market (GTM) calendars and elevates the consumer’s view of our product to deliver against corporate and marketing objectives, strategies and measures (inc. commercial campaigns, look books, on / off figure e.commerce assets and more
- Product Educator: create and evangelize deep product knowledge and training tools that drive education, understanding and integrated execution through the business
- Integrated Leader: partner with Marketing, Product, Buying, Planning and Commercial teams to set GTM priorities and develop insight-driven product marketing strategies to deliver against them. Own the commercial marketing calendar and lead integrated marketing efforts and delivery against all commercial marketing initiatives in each season
- Trend Hunter: be a voice of culture with finger-on-the-pulse knowledge of macro, category and consumer trends to inform business, brand and product strategies
- Strategic Partner: as we continue to experience tremendous growth, partner across the business to develop foundational workstreams (ie: category strategy), explore and actualize opportunities and partnerships with scale
- Authentic Leader: you live our values and lead with inspiration to motivate people, teams and work to the fullest potential
- Creative Problem-Solver: you have an eye for aesthetics, design and “get” the creative and product design processes – but, you’re equally able to draw on data to identify unmet needs, opportunities, solutions and measure success. You combine these skills to solve problems in innovative, fun and simple ways
- Digitally Minded: you understand and lead opportunities to leverage the unique interplay of online media, commerce and communities to elevate the consumer product experience
- Curious Learner: you seek insights from new and varied sources and have extensive experience with unstructured problem-solving through synthesizing data, identifying and analysing complex, long-term problems and develop strategies against them. You’re are always learning and have a bias for action
- Collaborative & Influential: you have the ability to influence up and down the organization and work collaboratively with a large number of teams, to set clear product marketing vision and successful implementation. You build bridges and trust across all levels of the company
- Crisp Communication: you have a knack for language with the ability to synthesize complex ideas into simple ones, combined with an accessible written, verbal and presentation style that inspires and invites conversation at all levels
- Process Oriented: you thrive in a fast-paced environment and proactively build processes and structures to systemize work, drive influence and positive change across the organization
- Past Experience: 10+ years combined experience in product marketing and / or product strategy, consulting, brand and integrated marketing communications
- Leadership Experience: 5+ years leading young, high growth teams, with proven success in their collective and individual progression
- Computing Skills: Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are required
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.