About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
In this role, you are responsible to setup and review standards, guidelines and training materials for new and current processes and monitor/conduct capability evaluations to ensure the company's quality and product safety goals are met. You will be required to work with a clear objective of improving overall raw material and product quality as measured through 3rd party test reports, quality metrics, correlation reports and random audit results.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Collaborate to drive raw material supplier's performance improvement and establish bulk production testing guardrails with vendor community
- Identify any potential quality, product safety and regulatory concerns before production and monitor production & testing failure risk assessment along with corrective action plan
- Manage in market quality & product safety issue callouts and work with Quality Assurance team/vendors to implement the root cause analysis and corrective action plan to address continuous improvement with vendors
- Partner with the China and US Product Safety & Regulation teams to research and develop new products for respective geography testing and labeling requirements, as well as, geographical high risk guidelines for all products to comply with country regulatory requirements
- Monitor 3rd lab testing turnaround time and performance & liaise with 3rd party labs to ensure the testing protocols are followed.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Understanding of concepts and procedures specific to product testing and quality management in terms of testing standards, methods and requirements in related products for US/EU/China markets
- Relevant qualification in Textile, Garment or Chemical along with strong knowledge of raw material and product testing, quality management systems for apparel and non-apparel and chemical restriction requirements for US/EU/Japan
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions to improve quality.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.