PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Work as a part of the accounting team to reconcile bank and balance sheet accounts, maintain organized record-keeping, and ensure a smooth month end closing cycle for wholesale, retail, and e-commerce revenue channels.
- Assist in the monthly financial close process, including the preparation of journal entries and related support, performing account reconciliations, and maintaining accurate supporting analysis and documentation
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Work with non-finance departments to gather information required for reconciliations
- Maintain standard operating procedures that result in timely and accurate financial reporting, ensuring account activity and balances are audited for accuracy/reasonableness
- Prepare tax reports for required regulatory filings and payment of sales tax by state
- Undertake ad-hoc analytical projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 1 – 2 years of professional accounting experience
- Strong accounting skills and familiarity with accounting systems
- High level of computer proficiency – Excel, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and in a cooperative team environment