Manager, Product Assortment Strategy
Coach was founded in 1941 as a family-run workshop, and today is a leading New York design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections. We attribute the prominence of the Coach brand to the unique combination of our original American attitude and design, our heritage of fine leather goods and custom fabrics, our superior product quality, and our commitment to the customer experience.
At Coach, we bring together strong, collaborative people in a culture of mutual respect, support, accountability, and passion for the brand and product. Our goal is to offer an inspirational and modern workplace that allows for exceptional talent to thrive.
Primary Purpose: As part of the growing Outlet .com team, the Manager, Product Strategy will partner with cross functional teams to optimize the ecommerce product assortment and identify future opportunities by customer segments. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, Outlet Ecommerce and oversee product performance for the Outlet website working closely with cross functional teams to gain alignment on product strategies, and be an advocate for the eOS business in all meetings.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in eCommerce to...
- Analyze sales and customer metrics to identify opportunities in ecommerce product assortment
- Partner with Omni Buying and Global Merchandising teams to help inform seasonal ecommerce product assortments and roadmaps
- Monitor top search terms on site to identify assortment and merchandising opportunities
- Point person for cross functional teams to influence technologies that enhance products on CoachOutlet.com
- Partner with photography team on in season and LRP shot counts to ensure product imagery is compelling across all categories
- Maintain robust competitive intelligence to monitor trends within the e-commerce and retail industries
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Bachelor's degreepreferred
- 5+ years ecommerce merchandising or buying/planning experience required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; comprehensive understanding of retail math.
- Team-oriented with ability to interact with partners across the organization at all levels; ability to negotiate and influence peers and members of cross-functional team.
- Strong listening, written and exceptional oral communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to adapt to changing priorities and react with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Must have strong Excel skills; Merchandising systems experience required, Demandware experience a plus.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at #LI-MS1 www.coach.com.
A RICH HERITAGE
Coach was founded in 1941 as a family-run workshop. In a Manhattan loft, six artisans handcrafted a collection of leather goods using skills handed down from generation to generation. Discerning consumers soon began to seek out the quality and unique nature of Coach craftsmanship.
Now greatly expanded, Coach continues to maintain the highest standards for materials and workmanship. Coach’s exceptional workforce remains committed to carefully upholding the principles of quality and integrity that define the company. We attribute the prominence of the Coach brand to the unique combination of our original American attitude and design, our heritage of fine leather goods and custom fabrics, our superior product quality and durability, and our commitment to customer service.
CRAFTING THE FUTURE
Coach is a global leader in premium handbags and accessories. Building upon our strong brand and business equities, we are in the process of transforming from an international accessories business to a global lifestyle brand, anchored in accessories, presenting a clear and compelling expression of the Coach woman and man across all product categories, store environments and brand imagery. In addition, we are leveraging the global opportunity for Coach by raising brand awareness and building market share in markets where Coach is under-penetrated, through our directly operated businesses most notably in Asia and Europe.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert